Question RE: Mocap Plug in for Xbox Kinect

Posted By thomas_CWG 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thomas_CWG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a Xbox360 Kinect but not the Xbox One Kinect.

Is it necessary to purchase a XB1 Kinect or will the Iclone mocap for Kinect plugin work with the one i have?

Thanks in advance
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The Kinect Mocap Plugin comes with versions for Kinect For Xbox 360, Kinect For Windows v1 and Kinect For Xbox One. However, due to its age the Kinect For Xbox 360 is only supported under Windows 7. If you are using Windows 10 then you will really need the Kinect For Xbox One.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ruscular
ruscular
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
They use an old driver for the Kinect Xbox one, and doesn't seem to have any plan to update it. I had a Brekel pro body 2 on my system and that newer driver wont work with their system. I'm not getting any tech support on this issues. I get the impression that its deadware now. Brekel now can use Azure KinectV4 which has a more accurate cam system. I don't know any others that are using the latest cam and driver.
thomas_CWG
thomas_CWG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Peter (RL) (5/13/2020)
The Kinect Mocap Plugin comes with versions for Kinect For Xbox 360, Kinect For Windows v1 and Kinect For Xbox One. However, due to its age the Kinect For Xbox 360 is only supported under Windows 7. If you are using Windows 10 then you will really need the Kinect For Xbox One.

Are you sure? I bought the plugin on a whim last night which was pretty stupid of me but today when i hooked up my 360 kinect it seemed to get a picture without a snag.
Admittedly i havent used it to test a iclone character yet but it seems fine
I'm a windows 10 user
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1deacf55-9b30-4ade-a486-8d24.png
ruscular
ruscular
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have about 6 days left on the trial, but I was talking about the newer XBOX one kinectv2, and support not assisting me at all. There advice is to uninstall the newer driver and go back to the old driver, but not able to do that, windows keep insisting keeping the newer driver to work. I get the impression its deadware because they have not been able to keep up with the newer driver, which frankly is the last driver as Kinectv2 is no longer sold and develop.
Edited
4 Years Ago by ruscular
thomas_CWG
thomas_CWG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was having a different problem. I tried installing the official Microsoft driver so i could have the official MS SDK and developer tools but when i did that the plugin for iClone7 stops working.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

thomas_CWG (5/14/2020)
Peter (RL) (5/13/2020)

Are you sure? I bought the plugin on a whim last night which was pretty stupid of me but today when i hooked up my 360 kinect it seemed to get a picture without a snag.
Admittedly i havent used it to test a iclone character yet but it seems fine
I'm a windows 10 user
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1deacf55-9b30-4ade-a486-8d24.png

Some users have reported getting the Kinect For Xbox 360 to work under Windows 10 but most can't unfortunately. That is why it is classed as only supported for use with Windows 7.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ruscular (5/14/2020)
I have about 6 days left on the trial, but I was talking about the newer XBOX one kinectv2, and support not assisting me at all. There advice is to uninstall the newer driver and go back to the old driver, but not able to do that, windows keep insisting keeping the newer driver to work. I get the impression its deadware because they have not been able to keep up with the newer driver, which frankly is the last driver as Kinectv2 is no longer sold and develop.

The Kinect For Xbox One (aka Kinect For Windows v2) will work with iClone 7 but only if you use our drivers. The Plugin comes with the correct drivers so nothing else needs installing. If you do try to use newer drivers then this will cause it to stop working.

As you have noted, Microsoft discontinued the consumer version of the Kinect a couple of years ago so unfortunately there are no plans for further updates to our Kinect plugin.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thomas_CWG (5/14/2020)
I was having a different problem. I tried installing the official Microsoft driver so i could have the official MS SDK and developer tools but when i did that the plugin for iClone7 stops working.

As I mentioned in my previous reply to ruscular, you must use our drivers. If you update or install any other drivers this will cause the Plugin to stop working. The Kinect Mocap Plugin comes with all required software and drivers. You shouldn't install any other drivers or SDK's which may overwrite our drivers.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

thomas_CWG
thomas_CWG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (5/14/2020)
thomas_CWG (5/14/2020)

As I mentioned in my previous reply to ruscular, you must use our drivers. If you update or install any other drivers this will cause the Plugin to stop working. The Kinect Mocap Plugin comes with all required software and drivers. You shouldn't install any other drivers or SDK's which may overwrite our drivers.

thats unfortunate, i originally bought my Kinect because i wanted to have  full body tracking for when i'm using my Oculus Rift. Do you know if the iclone7 Kinect driver will work with VR headsets for this purpose?

Reading This Topic