Failed to Connect to Perception Neuron

Posted By kent_310387 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kent_310387
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have Perception Neuron Studio.  Trying to connect to iClone->Motion Live Plugin->Perception Neuron.    I get Perception Neuron all set up in Axis.  Everything is working fine in Perception Neuron.  I set up BVH broadcast using Skeleton: Perception Neuron Studio, BVH Format YXZ with Displacement, Frame format as binary, and coordinate system as OPT, Protocol as TCP with my local IP address on port 7001.    When I try to connect from iClone, I am using my local IP address:7001, but when I try to connect it give me a Failed to Connect to Perception Neuron.    Any ideas?

-kent

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
Try 8001 instead (on both ends).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animaliok
animaliok
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Couldn't connect as-well and found the source of the issue: In Axis studio parameters, changing the addresses and port is only applied once you close the setting window (press ok) so you need to match the adress in Motion, live, then close the Axis settings, THEN only press the green dot in Iclone.
That's a big UX issue I will try to feedback Noitom as absolutely 100% of people would expect an adress change to take effect immediately if there is no "APPLY" button in the settings, as it's counter intuitive to have to close a window and re-open it just to tweak a settings. (as you need to look at the number you need the settings windows open, but if you don't close it the displayed address is not the actual active addres.....)

Reading This Topic