LIVE FACE MOCAP

Posted By shadybearbklyn 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shadybearbklyn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm having an issue with LIVE FACE mocap. I'm connected via WIFI and it doesn't seem to be tracking correctly. Puckering and frowning hardly make a difference to the mesh on the iPhone. I have no problem cleaning up mocap, but I want to make sure I'm initially capturing the data in the best way possible. I've attached a video of a quick test.  I thought that maybe a USB connection would be better, but no matter what I try it won't connect. [YouTube]The YouTube web page URL for the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUgEdUG3oY [/YouTube]https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fc487d02-342a-439d-8505-032d.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by shadybearbklyn
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
This doesn't look like a video, just a still image.  But in any case, I would recommend connecting via ethernet (you'll need an iPhone ethernet adapter, which you can get for around $40).  I get excellent results that way.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Here's the link to the video Mike. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUgEdUG3oY
new-own
new-own
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yeah I am having the same problems. Not smooth, delayed animation, frame drops and skipping, and so on.
I can't seem to figure out the cause. I will let you know as soon as I solve this.
Here in the forum or anywhere else, you won't get any help. You have to figure things out on your own. That's my experience.
There is only Kelleytoons... but he told me to that I ask so many questions once I asked a question for the first time I ever post any. :S
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

First of all, there isn't only me -- lots of folks help around here.  And you can *always* put a trouble ticket in to RL and they WILL get back to you with help.  Here in the forum we users are the first line of defense as a rule but RL is there and very responsive.

And -- sorry I don't know what you're talking about "asking too many questions".  Did I not attempt to help you?  I always try and answer whatever but I'm an old man and sometimes I'm not in the greatest of health (not that that's an excuse but if I act grumpy at times perhaps it was a bad day).  If you are having trouble getting some ANIMATION (as opposed to capture -- remember that the capture itself may look jerky but that's not the ultimate test.  The ultimate test is what happens when you render out the animation you made.  THAT should look smooth) we can investigate a lot of things.

And, Shadybear -- that animation you posted to (sorry if I never saw it) -- it DOES look jerky.  Did you render to frames?  You really need to render to individual frames and we would also need to know the FPS you were using.  There are SO many factors in this stuff it's sometimes a long process to pin it all down.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
I believe new-own is just disgruntled...Unsure Everyone on the forum that helps out does so voluntarily and is not obligated to to so. Sometimes also, when you help out you never hear back, so that becomes discouraging.

Besides Kelley, Rampa and 4u2ges help a lot and many others do too, including myself.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
I would like to help more but I still don't know much   Smile   
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (5/17/2020)
Besides Kelley, Rampa and 4u2ges help a lot and many others do too, including myself.

I didn't think he was just saying I was the only one helping on the forums, but that with an issue with Live Face I was the only one responding.  Which may or may not have been true but still isn't all that important (we all have areas that either interest us more or are more in our wheelhouse of expertise).  But, honestly, in those situations a trouble ticket to RL (where Rampa will most likely get involved anyway) is the best solution.

But thanks for giving some perspective -- there are times I do feel I'm not responsive enough but lately my energy levels have been WAY down (health but, as I said, no excuse.  If I am to participate here I need to bring my best, or just not bother being here).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I finally got my IPhone connected via USB and the capture is much better than WIFI. In order to connect an IPhone you need to have cell service. Although it’s connected via WIFI, the PC sees it as an Ethernet connection and without cell service, the PC does not recognize the connection. You do not need service once it’s connected, but without it you cannot connect via WIFI. Regarding the rendering, where do you select render to frames? I have render quality set to Final Render with super sampling. If the FPS is low when playing back, is that how it will render? I have a scene that runs at about 40 FPS in quick mode, but drops down to 12 FPS when set to High. One other thing. I posted this a few times and reached out to Reallusion, but haven’t figured out the issue yet. When I try to copy and paste a single frame from a single body part from the motion layer, it takes around 40 seconds to paste it. If I delete the viseme track, it takes about 3 seconds to paste the same frame.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You select render to PNG, and then render a sequence.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic