Profile Picture

CC3 Characters all have their shoulders too high and thumbs contorted when exported to Unity.

Posted By Drenyn 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CC3 Characters all have their shoulders too high and thumbs contorted...

Author
Drenyn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I purchased Character Creator 3 about a year ago and would love to be able to utilize it in my games, but unfortunately I've not been able to get the kinks worked out.   I'm assuming the issue is how the Character Creator 3 is rigged as I've noticed to can fix some of these issues by altering animations, even though using other characters from Unity Asset store have no issues with the rigging on these same animations.  My biggest issue currently is that my character's shoulders are too high and going in and adjusting the muscle doesn't lower them down enough to look normal.   Also the thumbs appear contorted.   I've found I can go in and edit animations to correct this, but I hate to go in and edit every single animation that I've purchased from the Unity Asset store to correct this issue when other characters from the Unity Asset store, etc... don't have the same issue.  I highlighted the problem below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/753a8795-7b46-40a2-9e26-f236.png

Can anyone please help explain what might be causing the issue?   Would this be an issue if I were using Reallusion animations?   I'd really like to purchase some, but don't want to find out the hard way and then be out additional money for Iclone and the 3dexchange.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Drenyn,

We did a test, and it's likely to be the same issue as this one.
Though we were unable to reproduce the shoulder issue, thumbs and elbows indeed were twisted after importing into Unity. 
The possible reason is that CC character skin is bound to bones, which benefits are not applicable on Unity. 
We will check how we can fix this part.
pelix_987971
pelix_987971
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Miranda,
I have this issue as well, the shoulder is way too high, i do feel the clavicle bone is a bit too short.
But wondering if there's any update on this issue ?

Thanks

BazMitch
BazMitch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I also have this issue with all CC 3 characters. Please help!
arudz
arudz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Bump for sure, dealing with this hard core

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1d5e2714-94d5-4882-b34f-ce87.png
arudz
arudz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)Junior Member (142 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I ended up just working around by bringing the shoulders all the way down.
I was inputting Rokoko mocap and was getting this error, seems better nowhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7face5ba-d199-4b1e-90e9-7c60.png
Drenyn
Drenyn
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)Senior Member (373 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The best fix that I found for this issue was to just use the Reallusion Animations.   Sadly the issue is actually related to how the character is rigged, so when trying to apply other animations to a different rig, you get the result pictured above.  I've tried doing other work arounds by lowering the shoulders and such, but the best solution was just using ActorCore animations or Mixamo and having them match the CC3 rig as is explained in the CC3 tutorial video about Mixamo and Unity.

Reading This Topic