Mixamo animation problems

Posted By woody173 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I have been downloading some mixamo animations but was wondering if anyone else has the same problems I am having, and subsequently how can I solve it.
Simply put if i use a walk motion (or any motion wher the character is not on the same spot) and the character takes a couple of steps the root widget doesnt move with the character it stays put. So if i loop it the character just jumps back to the start position. Is there an easy fix please.

Many thanks
Woody
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Don't loop it.
At the end of your first motion, apply it again and right click motion --> align --> Root... and so on...
That should work Wink

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

AlbinosGambit
AlbinosGambit
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@toystorylab

Thanks, I also have been wondering about this!

WIN 10, COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE 500H, MSI GAMING PRO CARBON X470 RGB, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, MSI GeForce GTX 1650 GAMING X - 4GB GDDR5 RAM GPU, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 16GB RAM, SSD M.2 Corsair Force Series MP510 480 GB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3.5 HDD 4 TB.

Best regards
Albin
(AlbinosGambit)
woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Hi Thank you so much for your help but i have tried as you asked and it is greyed out. I even tried clicking the character and aligning it bit it just says align to  and says it cant align to itself.

Any Ideas
Thanks
Woody
woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Ifigured it ou thanks. Instaed of right clicking it you double click it and it comes up

Thank you so much, you dont know how long i have been trying to figure this out.
While you are here i bought a dog  pack from the content store and want my dog to walk and bark at the same time but cant get it to do two has they are two different clips. Do you know a way of acheiving this

many thanks 

Woody

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

woody173 (4/7/2020)

While you are here i bought a dog  pack from the content store and want my dog to walk and bark at the same time but cant get it to do two has they are two different clips. Do you know a way of acheiving this

This was recently discussed. There is currently no merging of clips that happen at the same time. An exception are Mixed Moves clips, which can be combined, but they work only for standard human characters.

I tried one way but that didn't work. First I applied the walk clip and then the bark clip to the dog, so that you have two clips in succession.

I then right-clicked on each clip and selected Sample Motion Clip > Sample. This will reveal the keyframes of each clip. I then pasted the Bark keyframes into the Walk keyframes.

Unfortunately, the keyframes are all lumped together for each clip (not separated by body part as for human characters). You would want to remove any leg motion from the Bark clip but that is not simple. You could do it with the Curve Editor by flattening any leg motion, but that's higher order work...Unsure

Another option is to keyframe the bark motion. Study the existing one and then replicated that on the Walk motion. But that is also not straight forward.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

OK, I had to practice what I preached and here is the result:

The dog and the motions are from Wil Veeke. I used "Sp Walk.iMotion"and "Sp Bark.iMotion".

Procedure:
1. I exposed the keyframes of the Barking motion by doing a Sample Motion Clip -) Sample. 
2. Using the Curve Editor I removed all leg motions from the Barking motion.
3. I copied all keyframes from the Barking motion and dropped them into the Walking motion.
4. I then did a Collect Clip to save as a new motion clip for reuse.

The clip can be looped as shown in the video.

woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

By any chance are you using iClone 7 because im still on 6.5 and i dont think i  can get curve editor for this version. 
Its a shame because that is just what i need not only for this character but i could use a similar step for other problems i have. 
I really appreciate the time and effort for your explaination and will use it if i can ever afford iClone 7. Being just a hobbyist is such a drag, but i think my wife would divorce me if i spent any more money on iClone.

Thanks again

Woody

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

woody173 (4/8/2020)
By any chance are you using iClone 7 because im still on 6.5 and i dont think i  can get curve editor for this version. 
Its a shame because that is just what i need not only for this character but i could use a similar step for other problems i have. 
I really appreciate the time and effort for your explaination and will use it if i can ever afford iClone 7. Being just a hobbyist is such a drag, but i think my wife would divorce me if i spent any more money on iClone.

I'm sorry, you did indeed post in the iClone 6 forum. Yes, I do have iClone 7. I don't think there would be a solution for iClone 6. Maybe you can appease your wife somehow... I'm also married, but my wife is OK with my animation hobby.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

What I did is based on this pack: https://marketplace.reallusion.com/huntingdogs-with-58-motions

I wondered if the motion I created would work in iClone 6. It does! (Most things created in iClone 7 don't work in 6.)

I have attached the motion for you to try. (I hope you have the pack.)

Attachments
Dog_walk+bark.zip (47 views, 105.00 KB)

Reading This Topic