Profile Picture

Bones not included in the skinned mesh renderer (Exported as weightless bones) - Unity 2019.1.9

Posted By bloodzseekerz 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Bones not included in the skinned mesh renderer (Exported as...

Author
bloodzseekerz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello,

I'm having this problem with CC3 characters, when I import them in unity and then skin some clothes to them I get errors because some of the bones in the cloth arent present in the skinned mesh array of the CC3 character, which means those bones are weightless. Here you can see a couple of them: CC_Base_L_Calf, CC_Base_R_Calf, CC_Base_L_ToeBase, CC_Base_R_ToeBase
There are more than that but those just show up when I skin shoes. I think there are around 17 bones missing.

Links to the problem in unity: https://answers.unity.com/questions/668332/weightless-bones-dont-get-added-to-skinnedmeshrend.html

Any help will be appreciated how to fix those bones and get them included in the CC3 character bone array.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Make sure you import and rig any clothing inside CC3 Pipeline. You can then export it with the same skeleton.

bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)Veteran Member (611 reputation)

I dont want to be limited to CC3 I design the clothes in other programs.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Their has been a slight UI change since this video was made. You now import your clothing OBJ's by selecting "Accessory" in the Create menu.

Rigging through CC3 Pipeline will insure that that the proper bones are being weighted.
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Okay but the problem is not in the cloth its in the character skinned mesh bone array, some of the bones arent properly weighted and they arent included in that array. For some reason Im able to move those bones and they deform verticies but they arent included in the bone array.
bloodzseekerz
bloodzseekerz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I dont get it why the calves bones deform the mesh in unity, but they arent included in the skinned mesh array and no clothes (boots, pants) can be mapped to them
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (67.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
bloodzseekerz (4/5/2020)
I dont get it why the calves bones deform the mesh in unity, but they arent included in the skinned mesh array and no clothes (boots, pants) can be mapped to them

Hi bloodzseekerz,

We aren't sure if we well understood what you were referring. 
May you share us a screenshot? Thanks.

Reading This Topic