UV mapping, create skin for a dog

Posted By woody173 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Guys, well didnt get much of a response to my last post concerning my problems i need help with. Seems like everyone is looking onto iClone 7 and forgetting the users of iclone 6....bit dissapointing.

Im trying to create an avatar of my little dog Chester. I bought a hunting dog pack off the marketplace to get the animations i needed but would like to get the skin to look more like my faithful friend. Unfortunately the skin that came with the hunting dog pack is just a flat photograph so both sides of the dog are the same when i tried to edit it. And my dog is unusual in everyway and has patterns to one side but only little dots on the other. So to get to my question. How can I unwrap the skin so i can edit it in photoshop and then put it back on Chester. Does it mean learning another software such as 3DS max or similar or is their an easier solution. ANy help would be great. I do have a small collection of video tutorials on the go now so if their is anywhere i can get video tutorials so i can keep coming back to it that would be amazing.

Please help me in my dier need LOL

All the best Woody
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Maybe a program like this will help...
https://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/index.aspx
Hope that helps,
TS
woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

hanks for that. Looks a bit expensive for my purposes, I probably will use only a couple of times.  But I will look into it first

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

I am sure Blender can handle it but I never use it as it has a bit of a learning curve. Here is one where you can try the demo. I am sure there are more too. Just google UV Unwrap programs.
TS
http://www.uvmapper.com/index.html

I think UVMapper Classic is FREE here:
http://uvmapper.com/downloads.html

Edited
4 Years Ago by theschemer
BOLPHUNGA
BOLPHUNGA
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
you mentioned you had photoshop
if your version isnt too old (pre CC)
you can just use it to do what you want here.
you would have to make it a obj with 3dexchange
just export the map when your done tweaking
and apply it to the iclone prop

Reading This Topic