Can't locate or open Bump and Displacement maps

Posted By plan111 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
plan111
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi.

For this baseball, I’m exporting the BaseColor (diffuse) from Filter Forge and generating the rest of the maps withiCLone’s B2M from Substance Super Tools. As you can see, the bump map isinverted in the lower stitching, (or is that the Displacement, I’m not sure).It’s creating a crease instead of a bump. Usually when I select one of themaps, I can click on the “Launch” button to edit the map in Photoshop orAffinity, but now the button’s greyed out. If I select the Opacity map, thebutton is not greyed out anymore. I tried saving all the maps (Save AllMaterial Textures), but it just gives me solid colors. Also, I can’t see any“Find File” option for any of the maps, as I get when right-clicking a prop. Isthere a way I can locate the map in explorer, or open it in a photo editor inany way?

So , if I can get a way to open or save themaps, which ones do I need to invert? Bump? Displacement? Both?

Thanks.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/32c49235-d05d-4d8e-84a9-7410.png

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Notice, the  texture slots have that red icon. This means the substance texture is not baked (you can still edit it in substance section).
You may individually bake selected texture with "Bake Substance Texture" button in materials section.
Or globally from Edit menu.

plan111
plan111
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thanks 4u2ges. It worked. Inverted the bump map and voilà, a "normal" baseball.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/77005613-112e-4c5e-b2aa-36ae.png

plan111
plan111
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Actually I just discovered an easier way that doesn't involve any photo editor. Just select the bump map and check Flip Normal Y.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2a778f28-e759-4da5-829b-71c6.png

Reading This Topic