Profile Picture

Tattoos/Decals -what am I doing wrong?

Posted By VORESPAWN 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VORESPAWN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I recently purchased CC3, and iClone7 for various projects.
One of those projects involves painting human multiple figures and I was eager to apply and use the tattoos/decals feature.
It is very clearly advertised  on the website under new features of CC3 (Morph - Outfit > Suntan & Tattoo.) https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/morph-outfit.html
There is no *asterisk, as there is with the "Aging" feature saying that Essential Morph & Skin content add-on is required.
After being unable to locate the feature for several weeks, I started searching the forums, and the FAQ and read how the feature was only available with the Essential Morph & Skin add-on pack.
Even though I feel like I've been swindled, and this is a classic case of misrepresentation, I still broke down and purchased the Essential Morph & Skin add-on pack. 
Well I still can't find out how to put tattoos on my characters. The manual covers adding decals to cloth items, but nothing about the figures, and the same options with items are not available on characters.
I've been having to load the skin textures one by one into my paint/photo editor and then paint them manually, and reapply them, which isn't efficient, and I need to re-do it whenever I change characters.
Why can't i apply a decal/tattoo to a body part?? What am I missing please.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
The trick is to start with a CC1 base that works with the Appearance Editor. When you're done editing, you can then convert the CC1 base to a CC3 base. See this video I made:

VORESPAWN
VORESPAWN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you very much Rampa!
And thank you for the great illustration of the process.
I was almost out of hope in finding an answer.
paulomara
paulomara
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)Senior Member (408 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, sorry to jump in, I am having a very similar prob & it's driving me nuts! I have managed to get the tattoo on one forearm, I simply can not get the second one I need on the other forearm? I can get the decal in to the torso but when I move it up across  the shoulder it won't transfer, it is almost like that arm is  a completely different mesh?  Any clues would be grateful  received, Thank You
similarly
similarly
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
It seems like a lot of trouble to have to load a cc1, edit it and then convert it.  cc3 has been out for ages.  Why hasn't this been fixed?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
similarly (7/11/2020)
It seems like a lot of trouble to have to load a cc1, edit it and then convert it.  cc3 has been out for ages.  Why hasn't this been fixed?

It has been fixed. Wink

Character Creator 3.3 will release very soon now and includes the powerful SkinGen which is a much improved version of the earlier Appearance Editor. Stay tuned in the coming days for the release announcement. You can see a preview of what's included in the thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/446060/Character-Creator-33-SkinGen-First-Look

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic