Profile Picture

cc3 pipeline base char to blender to cc3 pipeline

Posted By enemyilaf 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
enemyilaf
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, 
I am able to export the CC3 Pipeline base character to blender, then use blender sculpting tools to modify the body, but when I try to import the character back to CC3 pipeline, I get a load fail. 

I am using only a multiresolution modifier in blender, I do not apply the modifier, just use the apply to base option, before exporting to fbx. 
I am turning off the leaf bone in the blender fbx export. 

Or does CC3 pipeline not allow creating a replacement body mesh using Blender?  If CC3 pipeline does not allow this, then which Reallusion product do I need to allow me to export a base model to blender and import it back so that I keep the armature and mesh. 

Thanks in advance
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 minutes ago
There are specific Blender settings required. I don't use this option, so somebody will hopefully enlighten you. But you should be able to sculpt the mesh as long as vertex order and count are maintained.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic