Profile Picture

Headshot constantly crashes when generating the model.

Posted By IceMage 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ant_127217
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)Junior Member (129 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all.  it's sound funny, but my pipeline crashed too until i tried another photoreference from google, and wow! it's worked.

Also I have all the latest updates and drivers, ryzen7-2700x 1080ti GTX and other top iron, but CC3 crashes everytime i try to upload a jpg from eg https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/      i think some jpgs is broken, or headshot team have some serious bugs in plugin. 

6000 bucks, yeah. 
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
I have used images from https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ in the past without problems, but now it crashes for me too...Crying

When I load it in an image editor and resave, it works fine.

6000 bucks?...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
I think I found the problem.

If you click Save under the generated image, it saves it as a JPG although it really is a PNG file. I loaded the file in Notepad++ and checked the header (beginning of the file).

I generated a new face and changed the extension of the generated file to .PNG. It now worked without issue.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

EvilGenius
EvilGenius
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
karacarson929 (4/6/2020)
I don't get crash message but everytime I try use headshot in either pro mode or Auto mode it will go for 30 seconds the cc closes. I've tried everything the support team suggested but still not working. So frustrated😡

In my experience when I have too many things running concurrently along with CC3 (or anything Reallusion related) it quits. (Not crashes)  

I suggest not having internet browser or any other apps running at the same time.  It may because CC may need the ram the other programs are using.  

======================================================

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
animagic (4/9/2020)
I think I found the problem.

If you click Save under the generated image, it saves it as a JPG although it really is a PNG file. I loaded the file in Notepad++ and checked the header (beginning of the file).

I generated a new face and changed the extension of the generated file to .PNG. It now worked without issue.

Animagic, thank you for this.
**APPLAUSE for your Expertise!**
babasims
babasims
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
karacarson929 (4/6/2020)
I don't get crash message but everytime I try use headshot in either pro mode or Auto mode it will go for 30 seconds the cc closes. I've tried everything the support team suggested but still not working. So frustrated😡

I have this exact same issue, it was working perfectly a month ago but now all of a sudden it quits the program while it is generating the model. It is always happens on the 22% mark.
My CPU is i9-9900X 3.50GHz, RAM 64GB and graphics card 2080 RTX.
babasims
babasims
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
EvilGenius (4/13/2020)
karacarson929 (4/6/2020)

In my experience when I have too many things running concurrently along with CC3 (or anything Reallusion related) it quits. (Not crashes)  

I suggest not having internet browser or any other apps running at the same time.  It may because CC may need the ram the other programs are using.  

I have the same issue, I don't think it's down to too many programs running in the background. I think it's down to Nvidia graphics card driver updates and Reallusion products. I am hoping the new CC3 update fixes this because it fixed it last time it happened.
GamesUKStudios
GamesUKStudios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
same issue 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 20 minutes ago
GamesUKStudios (4/15/2021)
same issue 

If the crashing issue is only with Headshot, then please try uninstalling the Headshot Plug-in and reinstall with Character Creator closed down. It is very important not to install plug-ins while the software is running.

If the problem persists after a re-install of the plug-in, try loading different images of different resolutions and formats to try and find the cause. For example, if you are using a 4K head image and it crashes, try a low resolution version and see if that also causes a crash. If you are using png images, try jpg and see if that makes a difference.

Finally do try updating your graphics drivers to see if that helps. If the problem only started after a recent driver update, please try rolling back to the previous drivers and see if that helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

GamesUKStudios
GamesUKStudios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
done all that and my graphics card is all up to date LOL 

Reading This Topic