Where has the Smart Gallery Gone?

Posted By videodv 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I open Icone today to fined the smart gallery is not there the same as in character creator looked all over but unable to find it?

It is showing as installed in the hub.

Tried running both as Admin but no show.

Tried reinstalling from the download exe but it says it is allready installed by the hub.

Any ideas?

Chris.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It's a plugin, so you must launch it once iClone is open. Maybe you closed it accidentally. A shortcut is Shift+F4.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/441cc2f5-6244-4ddb-834f-6181.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Animagic has shown a good point to look into.
However I had a problem something like what your saying but I don't know if your having the same problem as I did but here is how it happened with me incase yours aren't showing up in the plugins either.

I installed them one day and was using them and doing works in iClone and CC. Then I that night I shut my computer down and went to bed.
Next morning I started my computer and loaded iClone again and Smart Gallery wasn't showing up. I checked the iClone plugins and it wasn't showing there either.
Then I checked it in CC and the same thing, no Smart Gallery any where in CC either. Then I checked my Hub and they were showing up there just like you said with yours. Tried reinstalling the iClone one but didn't work. I was looking into my computer and thought I might try shutting down my computer and restarting it to see what would happen. I don't know why I thought that but I was thinking I might have done something wrong the previous day.

Anyway all I can say is I shut my computer down and restarted it and opened iClone and CC and the Smart Gallery's were back.
I haven't had a problem with them anymore since then and I use these everyday.
I can't say this will fix yours, all I can say is that fixed mine. I can't say why. I just think I must have done something on the first day of using them that caused them to not show up the second day. Microsoft must have fixed whatever was causing it when I shut it down again ??????????????????????

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

animagic (3/1/2020)
It's a plugin, so you must launch it once iClone is open. Maybe you closed it accidentally. A shortcut is Shift+F4.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/441cc2f5-6244-4ddb-834f-6181.png

Nope not in the plugins list?
Shift + F4 does not bring up the plugin?

Chris.
Edited
4 Years Ago by videodv
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Delerna (3/1/2020)
Animagic has shown a good point to look into.
However I had a problem something like what your saying but I don't know if your having the same problem as I did but here is how it happened with me incase yours aren't showing up in the plugins either.

I installed them one day and was using them and doing works in iClone and CC. Then I that night I shut my computer down and went to bed.
Next morning I started my computer and loaded iClone again and Smart Gallery wasn't showing up. I checked the iClone plugins and it wasn't showing there either.
Then I checked it in CC and the same thing, no Smart Gallery any where in CC either. Then I checked my Hub and they were showing up there just like you said with yours. Tried reinstalling the iClone one but didn't work. I was looking into my computer and thought I might try shutting down my computer and restarting it to see what would happen. I don't know why I thought that but I was thinking I might have done something wrong the previous day.

Anyway all I can say is I shut my computer down and restarted it and opened iClone and CC and the Smart Gallery's were back.
I haven't had a problem with them anymore since then and I use these everyday.
I can't say this will fix yours, all I can say is that fixed mine. I can't say why. I just think I must have done something on the first day of using them that caused them to not show up the second day. Microsoft must have fixed whatever was causing it when I shut it down again ??????????????????????

OK shut down computer and restarted and lo and behold there it is?????

Thanks guys for your thoughts and direction.

Cgris.
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Hmmmmm, I had a thought what might have caused it so I went to see if it would happen again and I wonder if this happened to you too?

OK, on my first day I was installing the packs through Smart Gallery that weren't showing up as installed in Smart Gallery.
There was one pack that didn't install and I got a message that the install failed.
When I got to the end of installing them I accidentally tried to install it again and again it failed and messaged me.
After writing to you I started to wonder if that was what caused the problem so I went in to try and download it again and see if this happens again.
However that pack is not sowing up in there anymore so I couldn't test to see if that was the cause.

I am just wondering if you also had a pack that wouldn't install?
If so them maybe that is updating something that causes the Smart Gallery to not show up the first time we shut down and restart the computer but then comes back when we shutdown and restart the computer again?
I don't know, Im just having a thought

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Delerna (3/1/2020)
Hmmmmm, I had a thought what might have caused it so I went to see if it would happen again and I wonder if this happened to you too?

OK, on my first day I was installing the packs through Smart Gallery that weren't showing up as installed in Smart Gallery.
There was one pack that didn't install and I got a message that the install failed.
When I got to the end of installing them I accidentally tried to install it again and again it failed and messaged me.
After writing to you I started to wonder if that was what caused the problem so I went in to try and download it again and see if this happens again.
However that pack is not sowing up in there anymore so I couldn't test to see if that was the cause.

I am just wondering if you also had a pack that wouldn't install?
If so them maybe that is updating something that causes the Smart Gallery to not show up the first time we shut down and restart the computer but then comes back when we shutdown and restart the computer again?
I don't know, Im just having a thought

Hi Delerna
Just finished going through CC3 and Iclone checking the Smart Gallery, I did not have any problems installing any items but I did seem to find a lot that I had allready installed but had to install again? did this re-install do anything or just update the thumbnail?

Anyway lets hope alls well now and smart gallery setlles down to be a real bonus for us all.

Chris.
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hello Delerna, Chris

If the issue keeps happening, could you submit the support ticket?
We need some extra information from you that we can keep tracking this issue. BigGrin
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Edward, Its all working fine for me now but I will certainly get into your request as much as I can if it starts happening again to me.
I also know this is a new plugin and Its already pretty good right now. Im also sure its going to get better and better over time as things progress. 

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
4 Years Ago by Delerna
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OK Edward will do

Chris.

Reading This Topic