TerreSculptor - Terrain Editor

Posted By videodv 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
animagic (2/8/2020)
Chris, I had to scale up the vertical dimension to like 200 or 300 times the horizontal dimensions, but then you can see the height. Also the terrain came in vertical, so Y and Z need to be switched when exporting.

Hi animagic

Thanks for that

Chris.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Chris, I had to scale up the vertical dimension to like 200 or 300 times the horizontal dimensions, but then you can see the height. Also the terrain came in vertical, so Y and Z need to be switched when exporting.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Also just noticed if you use the save colourset overlay bitmap in the tools menu item it will save the current terrain texture as seen so you can use it as a uv texture mapped to the terrain you have created.
There is an option to use the splatmap or texture but they are grayed out at the moment will be useful in the future when these become active to let you where your regions are.
here it is in Terresculptor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e8c19734-3f36-4d23-9237-3caa.jpg

and here it is in Cinema
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7504a5ca-0f56-4d2e-92a7-4840.jpg

Hope that makes sense

Chris.
Edited
4 Years Ago by videodv
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just noticed if you use the bitplane creator instead of the splatmap creator you can save to PNG and it works with Iclone you use the bitplane creator the same way as the splatmap creator.

Chris.
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (2/8/2020)
@Chris: Thanks. I learned a few things from that. I didn't know what was meant by splat map, so now I know and also how to create one.

I experimented with exporting the actual mesh as OBJ file (which iClone can now import directly), in case someone wants a very large terrain. Problem is then the texturing as it seems that the OBJ has no proper UV mapping.

Hi animagic

Glad it helped.

When I exported to OBJ I only got a falt plain but yes it would be good to have uv for the terrain.

Keep in mind this is still under development so hopefully more to come in the future, I watched a youtube tut that showed a newer version producing a terrain with flat borders and an option to create beaches.

Chris.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
@Chris: Thanks. I learned a few things from that. I didn't know what was meant by splat map, so now I know and also how to create one.

I experimented with exporting the actual mesh as OBJ file (which iClone can now import directly), in case someone wants a very large terrain. Problem is then the texturing as it seems that the OBJ has no proper UV mapping.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Done a quick tut for some reason the sound did not come out but you should be able to follow what I am doing easy enough the only gotcha is when save the splatmap/mask it will not save as png you will have to save as bmp and convert to png you see me do this.

Keep in mind I have only been using this for a short while and there a lot of options I have not tried out yet so this is a very simple example.

Hope this is of some help.
Chris.
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Mike
Could do a quick tut if it would help?

Chris
videodv
videodv
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (2/7/2020)
Chris,

That test inside of iClone?  Or just the base builder?  (Sorry, my time is SO limited I really don't want to try anything unless I have enough information and I need to see stuff as it is inside of iClone).

Hi Mike

Yes it is in Iclone.

Chris
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Chris,

That test inside of iClone?  Or just the base builder?  (Sorry, my time is SO limited I really don't want to try anything unless I have enough information and I need to see stuff as it is inside of iClone).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic