Can't install any Reallusion product

Posted By mrtobycook 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I can't install any product. It worked fine, then I had to uninstall everything (when my hard drive started dying and I had to replace it), then I cloned the main system drive in my machine. (Windows 10)

I can install anything that isn't Reallusion - but all installers for iclone seem to be working fine then just disappear half way through installing. If I try to install via the hub, I get the generic (and incredibly frustrating) "Couldn't install iclone 7!". Doesn't even give an error code. (!!!!!)

- I have tried uninstalling the hub then downloading the latest version and installing that. Same problem persists.
- I have tried running the iclone installer as administrator
- I have emptied the Temp folder as much as I could (c:/windows/temp), although some files were in use
- I have tried removing anything called iclone or reallusion from program files

Anyone know how to fix this? :-((((

Toby

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

Edited
4 Years Ago by mrtobycook
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

You really should contact Reallusion Customer Support directly to get assistance in solving this issue.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

I have, but unfortunately (especially as the bulk of Iclone users are hobbyists) support isn’t open on weekends.

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
mrtobycook (2/2/2020)
I have, but unfortunately (especially as the bulk of Iclone users are hobbyists) support isn’t open on weekends.

Iclone is locked to your system Hardware ID, you may need to deactivate your software in your account. Then reactivate it if you changed hard drives
especially C drive / system drive..No hard drive has the same hardware ID numbers, Even if you clone a drive, the hardware is different. This could be
the issue as to why you cant install reallusion products.The hardware does not match up to Reallusions verification system.

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kevin.S
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This is so helpful, thanks so much! I just went in and deactivated the software, then restarted, and tried to install once again.

But yeah exactly the same thing happened. It's weird cause with Iclone installer it gets past the "verifying serial number" part fine - it's just when it gets to "configuring product information" ("Setting up product information, please wait...") it then crashes out (well, it entirely disappears).

Same thing happens with Character Creator 3 installer...

Edited
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
mrtobycook (2/2/2020)
This is so helpful, thanks so much! I just went in and deactivated the software, then restarted, and tried to install once again.

But yeah exactly the same thing happened. It's weird cause with Iclone installer it gets past the "verifying serial number" part fine - it's just when it gets to "configuring product information" ("Setting up product information, please wait...") it then crashes out (well, it entirely disappears).

Same thing happens with Character Creator 3 installer...

Back up any project files you have before doing anything.

Do you have any virus software loaded like Nortons or macafee...make sure that is disabled.

Im starting to think it could be system related make sure windows it up to date,
also make sure the system clock and date are set correctly. Do this step...

Its a pain but you have to make sure everything is gone for a clean install.

manual cleaning hunt all the files ...
ok try this go to
C drive ...users/ public/ public documents/  see if there is a reallusion folder there delete it
go to C drive / program folders/ get rid of any reallusion folders....
go to C drive / program files (x86) get rid of any reallusion folders.
C drive : temp folder check if any reallusion related items.
Check This PC: documents folder/ for any RL. documents  or files delete it
go to control panel make sure no reallusion anything shows up in the uninstall list.

if you are good with windows you can go to windows search and type, "event viewer" and take a look at your logged errors.
this can tell you lots of information .

make sure virus software is off..
once you have everything deleted try installing again in administrator mode.

if none of that works ....
There could be some windows or hard drive directory errors you are having. I have used system mechanic for years
do you have anything like system mechanic ? you can do a free scan but you have to own it to fix stuff but
it can tell you what might be going on or any listed errors. Other then that contact tech support.
Free scan

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kevin.S
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
While you wait for Support to get back to you, please can you try the following to see if it helps for iClone 7:

a) Download and unzip the attached file.
b) Run "CleanReg.exe"
c) Then Go to "C:\Program Files\Reallusion\" and delete the iClone 7 folder

Note: When you run CleanReg you may get an "Access Denied" error message. If this happens, please right click the Cleanreg.exe and select "Run As Administrator".

Please also go to the location below and delete any installers that may be present in case of corruption.

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Reallusion\RLDownloads

Then try to install iClone 7 again using the Reallusion Hub.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Attachments
iClone7_Registry_Remover.zip (220 views, 9.00 KB)
mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your help, Peter!

Unfortunately those steps didn't amount to much.
- The iclone 7 registry cleaner couldn't find anything
- I removed all those downloaded files, and then when I tried to install it crapped out even sooner LOL. :-))) It wouldn't even open up the installer! It just had the error as attached.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2f5be87-6f4a-42fd-9125-72da.png

When I searched the registry myself (regedit), there are definitely random iclone things in there - but nothing that seemed particularly problematic, at least for me.

It's very unusual, though, that iClone doesn't remove all the registry values itself when its properly uninstalled!

Any other ideas Peter? I'm all ears!!! :-))))

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

BTW Kevin, thanks for the suggestion about System Mechanic!

I'm using this stuff for business so I was happy to purchase System Mechanic, even if in this case it didn't help (might come in useful later!).

But unfortunately the exact same error occurs even after running System Mechanic and cleaning up my registry and Windows Temp files Smile

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For anyone who finds this thread later, the issue preventing installation for me isn’t fixable.

(A) Reallusion’s uninstall process (at least in Windows 10) unfortunately doesn’t fully remove various things on your hard drives and in the registry, which can create problems when you try to reinstall.

(B) Reallusion has two “registry cleaner” tools but they only check for serial numbers in your system, rather than fully clean your registry of all things that could be problematic.

(C) 3rd party registry cleaner products may be suggested by support, and may indeed be the answer. But use at your own risk, as they remove vital system files. I used JetClean and it bricked my machine. (Luckily I had a full clone backup.) I have subsequently tried System Mechanic, which found various registry issues apparently, and said it fixed them. But it didn’t fix this issue.

(D) There is unfortunately no Reallusion “cleanup” tool that checks for leftover folders on your hard drive (and temp files) in a thorough way - the uninstaller is the only thing that does this, and isn’t fully effective. This is why you will find so many posts from Peter on this forum (and also responses from support) listing folders (on your hard drive) to double check are deleted.

The only remedy in my case is to do a full fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Which, in terms of time lost in a business setting, is a very very expensive proposition for me!

I hope Reallusion works on a proper custom “registry and hard drive cleaner” for this sort of issue, as a quick Google search or search of this forum will show it’s not rare. No other paid application I’ve ever used has wanted me to reinstall Windows to fix it... :-(

Toby

Edited

Reading This Topic