CT8 Resource Path File

Posted By JmsRyan 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JmsRyan
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Other Reallusion products have a file that directs the software to resources (e.g., clothing, hair, etc.).
I've replaced my PC and some items are now on another drive (not the SSD).
Where is this file (and its name)?

Thanks!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi...

You can find the download links for the Resource Pack and Bonus Packs in your Reallusion Account. Just login select the "Registration" page and then click the "Download" link for CrazyTalk 8.

https://www.reallusion.com/member/#/en/registration

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JmsRyan
JmsRyan
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The resources were installed on my C-drive (SSD).
As it filled, I moved all to D-drive.  All works fine, except CT8.
Do I need to re-install resources, with new location?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

The location of your content folders is chosen when you install CrazyTalk 8.

If you wish to move the content folders to another drive you will need to uninstall Crazytalk 8 and reinstall it again on the D: drive. You can then also choose the D: drive for your template and custom content folders. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is there not any regedit method to do this?  Seems a ridiculous oversight to have to reinstall and entire software (and it's accompanying files for all) just to simply change the folder you keep your "stuff" in.   

There must be an easier way 
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There is a way to change the paths using regedit for iClone and CC, and I'm sure that it can be done for the CT software, but it is a nightmare to get right. We have all discovered that the quickest and safest method is to just do an uninstall/reinstall to a new location.

If you want to give it a try then take a look at the contents of this thread from 4 years ago, the paths to the CT software may be similar, and as can be seen from one post there are a lot of keys to edit. The thread linked to also contains a link to an even older thread where one user ended up having to do a complete reinstall due to making a mistake when editing the regedit file and not having a backup.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
4 Years Ago by wires
rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

I managed to find the keys and change them to another folder.  The folder in users/public was protected by the system and couldn't be written to by the downloader.  AND I read that this can't be changed easily so I set up another folder elsewhere, and NOW the install downloads the files.   BUT in CT8, the IMPORT to RL Head is grayed out.  Not accessible, and I have Pipeline so I don't get it.   And so I figured perhaps it's looking for the files in the original location so I copied a set there.   No dice.

How that I have FINALLY managed to GET the files, how do I now USE them?   <sigh>   I have never in my 30+ years in PC's, had a problem using a piece of software like I'm having with this.  I have installed this software and ALL of my paid components, now 4 times.   And I STILL can't get the heads I paid for.  It is still crashing on exit (stopped for a while, now back) and I'm at my wits end.  I have literally burned a week (since Monday) and I have accomplished nothing.  And I REALLY WANT this software.    It runs FINE (until you exit) and only won't let me use the RL heads I have.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter,
I did uninstall it and reinstall it and did change the resource folder to another drive, BUT that did NOT include the RL Heads folder in users/public/documents/reallusion/.....   THAT remained at the same location, and is NOT changeable that I can see.    The only way that worked is when I changed it at regedit level.   But then, they are not visable to CT, so I'm guessing the installer / downloader gadget they make us use enters the resources in the .dat file in the folder.    So, I have no clue what or how this is going to work out, and of course, tech is gone for the weekend.      

Thanks

Peter (RL) (1/17/2020)
The location of your content folders is chosen when you install CrazyTalk 8.

If you wish to move the content folders to another drive you will need to uninstall Crazytalk 8 and reinstall it again on the D: drive. You can then also choose the D: drive for your template and custom content folders. 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
If you have an existing folder for heads in your template folder, try just putting the heads directly into that folder using the Explorer. Not sure if that works for CT8, but it does for iClone. Then you wouldn't need to worry about the shared template.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rcmedia.services (5/23/2020)
BUT in CT8, the IMPORT to RL Head is grayed out.  Not accessible, and I have Pipeline so I don't get it.   

To use the Import or Export RLHead features you must have a 3D Head already loaded in CrazyTalk 8. If you don't the import/export options will be greyed out.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic