Profile Picture

Hub is bordering on malware!

Posted By _RESERVED__65 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
_RESERVED__65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have Crazytalk. I use it 3-4 times a year but the Hub is ALWAYS running and is one of the biggest drains on my laptop battery. I can't even disable it unless I go into the Activity Monitor (Mac OS X) and I have to do this every time I reboot.

I see people have been compalining about the hub since it was introduced, and replies from realussion saying they will take the feedback on board. That was months ago and still NOTHING!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
The Reallusion Hub doesn't need to run all the time. You can turn off in the Hub settings. Just take the check out of "Run Reallusion Hub When Computer Starts". If you only use CrazyTalk 3 or 4 times a year those will be the only times the Hub will run.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/de6cda6b-68b4-499f-b14c-919e.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is there a way to stop it from autolaunching everytime i open rl software?
blahblahhello
blahblahhello
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
it's not surprsing , most software nowadays has pervasive elements , in order to gather data ,  Adobe , probably the worst , i was unable to uninstall their products and had to go online and request a remove program tool from Adobe..

is this forum that bad that any comment posted needs to be moderated and the post shows up hours later ???  ,  kinda disrupts the notion of a forum where people can chat and help each other with ther animations or whatever...  

elyoB nhoJ

_RESERVED__65
_RESERVED__65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks. I launched Hub. Was FORCED to update, no option not to, and I did as you said. If Apple or Microsoft pulled these kind of stunts the EU would be issuing multimillion dollar fines!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

_RESERVED__65 (10/25/2019)
If Apple or Microsoft pulled these kind of stunts the EU would be issuing multimillion dollar fines!

What kind of stunt?

Unless you have never installed any software in the last couple of years, almost every software company installs some kind of auto-launching updater including Microsoft and Apple. There is also Steam, Origin, Adobe, Autodesk the list goes on. However just like we do, you have the option of turning off the auto launching so I'm not sure what exactly the problem is. Ermm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
is this forum that bad that any comment posted needs to be moderated and the post shows up hours later ???  ,  kinda disrupts the notion of a forum where people can chat and help each other with ther animations or whatever...  

We had a lot of spam problems, so initial posts of new members need to be moderated.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

john.boyle1 (10/25/2019)
it's not surprsing , most software nowadays has pervasive elements , in order to gather data ,  Adobe , probably the worst , i was unable to uninstall their products and had to go online and request a remove program tool from Adobe..

I have used Adobe software for years and never had a problem uninstalling their software. I think you had some other issue going on there.

Regarding forum posts, it is only the first three posts that need approving. After that you can post directly to the forum.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

raxel_67 (10/25/2019)
Is there a way to stop it from autolaunching everytime i open rl software?

Only by uninstalling it.

When you launch a Reallusion program the Hub will auto launch to check for any updates. But you can close it down afterwards.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Although wasn't much of a fan of the Hub when it first appeared, I've actually become relatively pleased with it.
a) It has never behaved badly and become a problem.  Oh, maybe when it was brand new (maybe), but it has quietly done it's job for quite a while for me.
b) I do like the way it handles multi-product updates.  So many times in the forum we see people who applied patches in the wrong order, etc., and things didn't work right.  The Hub takes care of that for you.  I confess I've pushed the "Update All" button several times now.  There's no shame in that, is there?  It worked.

I'm not saying it's perfect.  There are some changes I'd like to see.
c) I'd like options to save the download/installation files to a directory, and use them again in the future.
d) I wish the Hub could also handle "Content" that I've bought too, not just the applications.  Sometimes updates to content are released.  And it should be able to check my PC and my account, and highlight any content I've purchased buy haven't downloaded.  This is especially true because I have Reallusion products on both a Laptop and a Desktop, and I might not install purchases on both machines right away, and later I have to sort of self-audit to see what I may or may not have installed on each of the machines.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic