Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cartoon Animator - Notification for CTA 4.0 and Motion LIVE 1.0

Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2ff11a03-166a-419f-bdaf-35a6.jpg

Dear Users,

We are pleased to have finally launched Cartoon Animator 4 (CTA4) on April 29th. We hope that all of you are enjoying CTA4 and are starting to create amazing new animations.

Many of you may have noticed that there’s a significant price change in this new release. Here are some of the pricing structure modifications we recently made for CTA4:

• We lowered the price from previous versions
    • Based on feedback from different industry segments, we decided to adjust the standalone price of the software from $179 to $99 (for the PRO edition) & $299 to $199 (for the Pipeline edition) in order to make the tool more affordable compared to CrazyTalk Animator. 
  • We made motion capture an optional plug-in
    • We provided the facial mocap feature as an optional plug-in (Motion LIVE 2D + Face3D profile: webcam facial mocap profile) at $199. The reason for this is because not every user has the need for creating real-time animation, nor live performance through motion capture. So we separated this feature so that only users who need it would be required to purchase it. 
  • Connect Cartoon Animator to Reallusion 3D Line 
    • Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa.

Additionally, we have been receiving user inquires about a misunderstanding on the CTA4 Presale Program - as only purchases of the CrazyTalk Animator 3 (CTA3) PRO bundle and the Pipeline bundle packages qualified for a free upgrade to Cartoon Animator 4. 

We learned that due to this misunderstanding, some users mistakenly purchased the standalone product instead. Now that Cartoon Animator 4 has been officially released, and the CTA3 bundle offer has ended, we would like to allow users who purchased the CTA3 standalone package after 1st of Feb, 2019 and before the CTA4 launch, claim a refund for their CTA3 standalone purchases in order to place a new order for CTA4. If you have this request, please contact our support here: https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Added on 24th of July, 2019:

Since the launch of CTA 4 has been almost two months and the refund claim subsided. T
he special refund for CTA 3 standalone will return to normal 14-day free return policy on the 1st of July, 2019. 

Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
wans7r
wans7r
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I think its bad idea if i refaund... i still want to use this software.. its cool software... any way to buy it?.. also i want to upgrade my software from pro version.. to pipeline version.. hope developer can give me discount..  😊☺
AlanN
AlanN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)Veteran Member (581 reputation)

Show me one single piece of pre sales advertising where there was any suggestion of the mocap plugins being an additional cost.
"Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions" Yes you do, and the mocap solutions are incompatible between products. unless you want to tell me how to get the iClone Kinect plugin to work with CA4
I expect the H2 features will also be additional cost ?  Can you confirm as these moves will dictate your users plans for the future
Edited
5 Years Ago by AlanN
reedjeffry
reedjeffry
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Hello,
thank you for the explanation. Can one expand upon the following

• Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa

At this point in time is there any interoperability between CA (2D) and 3D products other than import motions from iClone into G2 characters?

thank you

dvnmedia
dvnmedia
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)Veteran Member (502 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes I feel a bit cheated because I bought the version 3 Pipeline at the beginning of the year which included version 4 upon release, I expected it to include Mocap as there was no indication it was going to be an extra payment, I now find I have to pay extra for something that was included in version 3. Had I realized this was going to be the case I would have waited and bought CA4 with the Mocap for the same price I paid for CTA3, Now I have to pay an extra $99 for a free upgrade if I want Mocap. Dividing features up into plugins is a underhanded way of increasing the price for loyal customer, Not good!
Edited
5 Years Ago by dvnmedia
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
reedjeffry (5/3/2019)
Hello,
thank you for the explanation. Can one expand upon the following

• Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa

At this point in time is there any interoperability between CA (2D) and 3D products other than import motions from iClone into G2 characters?

thank you

This means that the two products can share plug-ins or gear profiles. For example, if you have previously purchased the LIVE FACE profile for iClone you don't have to buy it again for Cartoon Animator 4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

wans7r (5/3/2019)
I think its bad idea if i refaund... i still want to use this software.. its cool software... any way to buy it?.. also i want to upgrade my software from pro version.. to pipeline version.. hope developer can give me discount..  😊☺

If you purchased the wrong version you can contact Customer Support using the link below and they will help you get the right version.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AlanN (5/3/2019)

I expect the H2 features will also be additional cost ?  Can you confirm as these moves will dictate your users plans for the future

Like we have already done with iClone, once you have the Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in you then only need to buy the Gear profiles for the hardware you plan to use. So currently we have Face3D (Webcam) and LIVE FACE (iPhone X) both of which can be purchased separately. As more Gear Profiles are introduced, such as one for hands (Leapmotion etc.), you can choose to purchase these optional profiles if you plan to use the hardware.

As already explained, the reason motion capture is not built into CTA4 is so those who don't plan to use any kind of motion capture won't have to pay a premium price for features they won't use. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Kapil Thukral
Kapil Thukral
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I already have CTA3 Pipeline and all the Power Tool Kits and Motions, If I buy "Cartoon animator 4 pipeline" rather than upgrading, can I be able to install and use all my CAT3 motion kits like football, elastic motion etc?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sonusaluja (5/6/2019)
I already have CTA3 Pipeline and all the Power Tool Kits and Motions, If I buy "Cartoon animator 4 pipeline" rather than upgrading, can I be able to install and use all my CAT3 motion kits like football, elastic motion etc?

Yes, all previous CrazyTalk Animator content packs are compatible with Cartoon Animator 4. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic