Cartoon Animator - Notification for CTA 4.0 and Motion LIVE 1.0

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic411267.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Ola(RL) - 5 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2ff11a03-166a-419f-bdaf-35a6.jpg

Dear Users,

We are pleased to have finally launched Cartoon Animator 4 (CTA4) on April 29th. We hope that all of you are enjoying CTA4 and are starting to create amazing new animations.

Many of you may have noticed that there’s a significant price change in this new release. Here are some of the pricing structure modifications we recently made for CTA4:

• We lowered the price from previous versions
    • Based on feedback from different industry segments, we decided to adjust the standalone price of the software from $179 to $99 (for the PRO edition) & $299 to $199 (for the Pipeline edition) in order to make the tool more affordable compared to CrazyTalk Animator. 
  • We made motion capture an optional plug-in
    • We provided the facial mocap feature as an optional plug-in (Motion LIVE 2D + Face3D profile: webcam facial mocap profile) at $199. The reason for this is because not every user has the need for creating real-time animation, nor live performance through motion capture. So we separated this feature so that only users who need it would be required to purchase it. 
  • Connect Cartoon Animator to Reallusion 3D Line 
    • Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa.

Additionally, we have been receiving user inquires about a misunderstanding on the CTA4 Presale Program - as only purchases of the CrazyTalk Animator 3 (CTA3) PRO bundle and the Pipeline bundle packages qualified for a free upgrade to Cartoon Animator 4. 

We learned that due to this misunderstanding, some users mistakenly purchased the standalone product instead. Now that Cartoon Animator 4 has been officially released, and the CTA3 bundle offer has ended, we would like to allow users who purchased the CTA3 standalone package after 1st of Feb, 2019 and before the CTA4 launch, claim a refund for their CTA3 standalone purchases in order to place a new order for CTA4. If you have this request, please contact our support here: https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Added on 24th of July, 2019:

Since the launch of CTA 4 has been almost two months and the refund claim subsided. T
he special refund for CTA 3 standalone will return to normal 14-day free return policy on the 1st of July, 2019. 

By wans7r - 5 Years Ago
I think its bad idea if i refaund... i still want to use this software.. its cool software... any way to buy it?.. also i want to upgrade my software from pro version.. to pipeline version.. hope developer can give me discount..  😊☺
By AlanN - 5 Years Ago
Show me one single piece of pre sales advertising where there was any suggestion of the mocap plugins being an additional cost.
"Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions" Yes you do, and the mocap solutions are incompatible between products. unless you want to tell me how to get the iClone Kinect plugin to work with CA4
I expect the H2 features will also be additional cost ?  Can you confirm as these moves will dictate your users plans for the future
By reedjeffry - 5 Years Ago
Hello,
thank you for the explanation. Can one expand upon the following

• Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa

At this point in time is there any interoperability between CA (2D) and 3D products other than import motions from iClone into G2 characters?

thank you

By dvnmedia - 5 Years Ago
Yes I feel a bit cheated because I bought the version 3 Pipeline at the beginning of the year which included version 4 upon release, I expected it to include Mocap as there was no indication it was going to be an extra payment, I now find I have to pay extra for something that was included in version 3. Had I realized this was going to be the case I would have waited and bought CA4 with the Mocap for the same price I paid for CTA3, Now I have to pay an extra $99 for a free upgrade if I want Mocap. Dividing features up into plugins is a underhanded way of increasing the price for loyal customer, Not good!
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
reedjeffry (5/3/2019)
Hello,
thank you for the explanation. Can one expand upon the following

• Reallusion has a wide range of products covering 2D and 3D solutions. The enabling of the plug-in structure in CTA will give users more flexibility in choosing the solution they need, and at the same time allow us to enable optional features to cater for different user requirements. Moreover, with this change Reallusion will be able to provide a more seamless product experience to our users from 2D to 3D, and vice versa

At this point in time is there any interoperability between CA (2D) and 3D products other than import motions from iClone into G2 characters?

thank you

This means that the two products can share plug-ins or gear profiles. For example, if you have previously purchased the LIVE FACE profile for iClone you don't have to buy it again for Cartoon Animator 4.
wans7r (5/3/2019)
I think its bad idea if i refaund... i still want to use this software.. its cool software... any way to buy it?.. also i want to upgrade my software from pro version.. to pipeline version.. hope developer can give me discount..  😊☺

If you purchased the wrong version you can contact Customer Support using the link below and they will help you get the right version.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
AlanN (5/3/2019)

I expect the H2 features will also be additional cost ?  Can you confirm as these moves will dictate your users plans for the future

Like we have already done with iClone, once you have the Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in you then only need to buy the Gear profiles for the hardware you plan to use. So currently we have Face3D (Webcam) and LIVE FACE (iPhone X) both of which can be purchased separately. As more Gear Profiles are introduced, such as one for hands (Leapmotion etc.), you can choose to purchase these optional profiles if you plan to use the hardware.

As already explained, the reason motion capture is not built into CTA4 is so those who don't plan to use any kind of motion capture won't have to pay a premium price for features they won't use. 
By Kapil Thukral - 5 Years Ago
I already have CTA3 Pipeline and all the Power Tool Kits and Motions, If I buy "Cartoon animator 4 pipeline" rather than upgrading, can I be able to install and use all my CAT3 motion kits like football, elastic motion etc?
sonusaluja (5/6/2019)
I already have CTA3 Pipeline and all the Power Tool Kits and Motions, If I buy "Cartoon animator 4 pipeline" rather than upgrading, can I be able to install and use all my CAT3 motion kits like football, elastic motion etc?

Yes, all previous CrazyTalk Animator content packs are compatible with Cartoon Animator 4. 
By Nosycat - 5 Years Ago
I can understand people complaining about the price. But there is so much work going in to creating a software and people to be payed. 
The price is a bit high for normal users but corporate users pretty cheap, at the end of he day, RI just make money off the software once, so they have to try and make a profit, maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 
We can't deny this forum is really helpful too!! 
I appreciate the hard work and their product Smile, hope everyone finds great satisfaction with their work and forget the price, Tumba and Puff made me laugh so hard, I can't wait to buy the full version!! I will be using it to make fun of my boss and colleagues SmileSmileSmile

By sjonesdc - 5 Years Ago
Nosycat (5/15/2019)
... maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 

I certainly HOPE NOT!!!!  w00t
By animagic - 5 Years Ago
sjonesdc (5/16/2019)
Nosycat (5/15/2019)
... maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 

I certainly HOPE NOT!!!!  w00t

I'm with you there.

Adobe now threatens to sue people who use older versions of some of their software: https://www.creativebloq.com/news/old-adobe-apps.

It's a diabolical enterprise. Just greed and lawyers...Crazy
By kungphu - 5 Years Ago
I saw that and nearly exploded. I’ve got CS6 versions of a fair amount of software. I loathe the subscription model!!!
By Ibis Fernandez - 5 Years Ago
I would happily pay a subscription fee for CTA if it means solid tech support, quick bug fixes, and quick access to the latest features as they are made available. I don't want to wait 2 years for X functionality. if it can be done in 3 months and added as part of my subscription, I'm happy to keep paying.
By parisgranville - 5 Years Ago
I'm confused about the upgrade price. Rather than an upgrade price, it appears to be an introductory discount for everyone. Am is missing something?
By sjonesdc - 5 Years Ago
Ibis Fernandez (5/17/2019)
I would happily pay a subscription fee for CTA if it means solid tech support, quick bug fixes, and quick access to the latest features as they are made available. I don't want to wait 2 years for X functionality. if it can be done in 3 months and added as part of my subscription, I'm happy to keep paying.

This may be a good model for professionals, semi-professionals and die hard hobbyists, but not for some of us who are not at these levels.  Don't get me wrong, I had to go with the subscription model with Adobe, because I use several of their products for work and needed to keep up with any changes and new functionalities.  If/when the situation arises when CTA or iClone are needed as part of my workflow on the job, then I would go to the subscription model. 

Maybe Reallusion could offer 2 models: 

1. The Subscription model - pay a monthly fee (all fixes, updates and upgrades are available immediately)

2, The Single Purchase model - pay a single price, the same as now (the "fixes" would be available to immediately), but one would pay to upgrade ( the same as now)

Just a thought!

By vidi - 5 Years Ago
Happy be  I need not subcription Aplicationools and I'm missing nothing .
Also I have Maya LT  canceled  since autodesk has twice debited and so much trouble to get my mony back , 
Anyway, Maya  with CC3  become obsolete
At the end you pay for software over and over ,although that you have than  hobbyist  not many time to use it,
I think also subscription is nice fo companys but not for a normal User.
Animator 4 has such a fair price, what do you think how much would be such monthly fee?
I hope RL jump not in this subscription Model.
By acupo - 5 Years Ago
dvnmedia (5/3/2019)
Yes I feel a bit cheated because I bought the version 3 Pipeline at the beginning of the year which included version 4 upon release, I expected it to include Mocap as there was no indication it was going to be an extra payment, I now find I have to pay extra for something that was included in version 3. Had I realized this was going to be the case I would have waited and bought CA4 with the Mocap for the same price I paid for CTA3, Now I have to pay an extra $99 for a free upgrade if I want Mocap. Dividing features up into plugins is a underhanded way of increasing the price for loyal customer, Not good!

Agreed, I am CTA2 user and was excited to receive CA4, Specifically to use the mocap feature. Tacking on a plugin that used to be included is wrong, IMO.
parisgranville (5/17/2019)
I'm confused about the upgrade price. Rather than an upgrade price, it appears to be an introductory discount for everyone. Am is missing something?

The prices are not the same for everyone. Brand new customers purchasing CTA4 will pay more than existing customers.

For example, a new customer purchasing Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline will pay $199, existing customers pay $149. 
By idatreid - 5 Years Ago
I am looking to get someone to create 4 templates for me to use for an interview/interface type of program. Is there someone out there amazing at CTA4 (I have already purchased the software but time and my own technical limitations are hurting me), who would be be interested in some side work?
Idatreid@gmail.com
By Pollux - 5 Years Ago
Hi,

As a hobbyist, subscription  is not for me so, I hope, we will have a choice...! Smile
By jasonjbrown - 5 Years Ago
Sorry if this question has been already asked:
If I buy Cartoon Animator Pro and the Face Mocap, can I export facial animations to iClone characters in iClone?

Thank you in advance,
Jason
jasonjbrown (7/4/2019)
Sorry if this question has been already asked:
If I buy Cartoon Animator Pro and the Face Mocap, can I export facial animations to iClone characters in iClone?

Thank you in advance,
Jason

Hi Jason

Unfortunately, this isn't possible.

Cartoon Animator 4 doesn't use the same file formats as iClone, nor does it have any export options to send to other animation software. 
By hotstepa - 5 Years Ago
I just bought but my plugin icon not shown in set up.  How do I access this.  i downloaded Motion and Face but none shown as there is no plugin menu.  Help!
Sonja.  
By animatedbeing - 5 Years Ago
dvnmedia (5/3/2019)

For existing users the 2D Facial Mocap Suite is $149, the training 3-in-1 Bundle is $49, and the CTA 4 Power Tools Vol. 1 + 2 is $149 - for a total of $347. For $2 more new users can get everything plus a copy of CTA pipeline (Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline - Facial Mocap Core Bundle). How about a better bundle discount for existing users? 
hotstepa (8/16/2019)
I just bought but my plugin icon not shown in set up.  How do I access this.  i downloaded Motion and Face but none shown as there is no plugin menu.  Help!
Sonja.  

Did you install the Motion LIVE 2D plugin and Face3D profile while Cartoon Animator 4 was open? If so this might be the problem. Try uninstalling Motion LIVE 2D and the Face3D profile and then reinstall with CTA4 closed down. This should resolve the problem. We recommend you use the Reallusion Hub to do this. The Hub is the best way to ensure your programs and plugins get installed correctly.
animatedbeing (8/17/2019)

For existing users the 2D Facial Mocap Suite is $149, the training 3-in-1 Bundle is $49, and the CTA 4 Power Tools Vol. 1 + 2 is $149 - for a total of $347. For $2 more new users can get everything plus a copy of CTA pipeline (Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline - Facial Mocap Core Bundle). How about a better bundle discount for existing users? 

The full price of the Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline - Facial Mocap Core Bundle is $399 for new customers so there is actually a $52 difference. Plus this is a special offer only available until the end of August. The normal full price of the Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline - Facial Mocap Core Bundle is $655.