character foot contact on a raised floor

Posted By woody173 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I bought a city scape from the market place and have hit a slight snag. The path is higher than the road and therefore my foot contact sinks through the path. I have tried laying an invisible floor on top of the kerb and turning that into a terrain but that doesnt work. is their any way of correcting this or is their a short cut around it so the kerb is treated the same as the road.

Thank you

Woody
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

woody173 (4/8/2019)
Hi I bought a city scape from the market place and have hit a slight snag. The path is higher than the road and therefore my foot contact sinks through the path. I have tried laying an invisible floor on top of the kerb and turning that into a terrain but that doesnt work. is their any way of correcting this or is their a short cut around it so the kerb is treated the same as the road.

Thank you

Woody

Which city scape? and is the path suppose to be higher than road?

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

woody173
woody173
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

The city scape was the victorian city (EZ Sets Modular Victorian Town) The footpath is slightly raised from the road and their is quite a drop from the path surface to the road surface. but the terrain seems to be only the road surface. As I said i tried to put an invisable floor on top of the path and put that as the terrain so my foot falls on top of the path but its getting a bit fiddly.
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Try selecting the invisible prop and uncheck bounding mesh.another thing to try is tu attach a ddummy object to the path and link your avatar to the dummy that way you can use transformkeys to raise the character manually
Edited
5 Years Ago by raxel_67
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
You are likely seeing the foot contact only on the road because it is the lowest part of the set, and right on the grid, which what your character is walking on if you have not specified a different terrain.

If only need characters on the path, and wish to use the grid as the walking surface, you can lower the set so the path is at grid level. It's a cheap workaround if you cannot get both working properly as terrain as Raxel_67 mentioned.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa

Reading This Topic