Profile Picture

3DXchange pro vs pipeline

Posted By jmartin77777 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jmartin77777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm a hobbyist that is considering buying the iclone tool.   I play a lot with Poser 11 making still scenes and I've tried to animate using that software but find it difficult.  I've watched some videos of Iclone and it seems like it would be a much better tool for animation.   I'm trying to choose which package I should buy and I'm confused about the difference between 3DXchange PRO vs 3DXchange pipeline.   Given the pricing difference, and reading the very short blurb included in the package pricing list, my first impression was that PRO & pipeline are about the same thing, but pipeline includes the ability to export in many formats for other software, whereas PRO just lets you import from everything, but export only as iclone's format.   But then as I was putting the package I wanted in the cart I noticed that it said 'people who buy my package also buy', and one of the things it showed was 3DXchange PRO.   This makes me think they are NOT the same thing just with expanded output options, but instead have actual feature differences.   Note that one of the things I do is to export my poser scenes as .obj files and import them into Tilt Brush to view scenes in VR.  It seems like I would need 3DXchange pipeline for that.   But would I also need to purchase 3DXchange PRO for some other features?

I guess my basic question is what is the difference between PRO & pipeline?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

You were correct in your initial assumption.

3DXchange 7 Pro is for bringing in 3rd party content for iClone. 

3DXchange 7 Pipeline includes all the features of the Pro version but also adds additional export options to send iClone content to other 3rd party tools in FBX, BVH and OBJ formats.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jmartin77777
jmartin77777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)Senior Member (264 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you, I appreciate the answer!
DimanDog
DimanDog
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)Senior Member (375 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm a little confused. When I try to export FBX it pops up a requester which says upgrade to pipeline
and when I go to the upgrade it's $149 but 3dxchange is $400  ????
I'm uncertain what I would be getting for the $149 price or is it the exact same thing as 3dxchage but at the member price?
Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
DimanDog (3/17/2021)
I'm a little confused. When I try to export FBX it pops up a requester which says upgrade to pipeline
I'm uncertain what I would be getting for the $149 price or is it the exact same thing as 3dxchage but at the member price?
Thanks

The $149 price you see is the member price for iClone 7. To be able to export FBX from iClone 7 requires 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. If you already have iClone 7 then this will cost $399 Member Price. (Full Price $499). 

However, if you only need to be able to export characters and animations, then you can do this with Character Creator 3 Pipeline without the need for 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. If you don't already have Character Creator 3 Pipeline you will find it will be a cheaper to purchase this than 3DXchange 7 Pipeline but it all depends on what you want to export.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/17/2021)
DimanDog (3/17/2021)
Thanks

The $149 price you see is the member price for iClone 7. To be able to export FBX from iClone 7 requires 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. If you already have iClone 7 then this will cost $399 Member Price. (Full Price $499). 

However, if you only need to be able to export characters and animations, then you can do this with Character Creator 3 Pipeline without the need for 3DXchange 7 Pipeline. If you don't already have Character Creator 3 Pipeline you will find it will be a cheaper to purchase this than 3DXchange 7 Pipeline but it all depends on what you want to export.

Hi Peter, that sounds interesting, I have 16+ years of Daz3d models in my collection and I am looking to bring some of them into creator/iclone to modify them and add animmation before  moving them back to daz.  I have  decided not to go down the 3d gaming road so for  my purpose could I by creator 3 pipeline and also the cheapest version of iclone? That is looking like under $300 rather than the $500 for  iclone pipeline. The only other connection  I might want is 3d animations into  CTA pipeline which is the only reallusion product I currently have, but I think I would have to upgrade to  cartoon animator pipeline to make that work.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Chakradude (3/26/2021)
Peter (RL) (3/17/2021)
DimanDog (3/17/2021)
Thanks

Hi Peter, that sounds interesting, I have 16+ years of Daz3d models in my collection and I am looking to bring some of them into creator/iclone to modify them and add animmation before  moving them back to daz.  I have  decided not to go down the 3d gaming road so for  my purpose could I by creator 3 pipeline and also the cheapest version of iclone? That is looking like under $300 rather than the $500 for  iclone pipeline. The only other connection  I might want is 3d animations into  CTA pipeline which is the only reallusion product I currently have, but I think I would have to upgrade to  cartoon animator pipeline to make that work.

Hi
Character Creator Pipeline"imports" (pre genesis 8.1)
Daz figures and copies thier shape onto a CC3 Avatar.
(Much like the GENX 2 plugin for Daz studio)
The imported genesis FBX is discarded during this process
Such Avatars can only be exported from CC3 pipeline, with animation,
as FBX to the major game engines & 3DCC's like Blender,Maya etc.
Daz studio has no usable FBX character import capability.
To bring Iclone motion back to Daz studio you need to buy the full pipeline version
of 3Dxchange and use the limited BVH format for export to Daz studio
(body only ,no facial animation).😌

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Chakradude
Chakradude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)Senior Member (433 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply AutoDidact, I have not been paying attention to teh forum lately. I am now thinking I will wait till the new version of Iclone comes out as I am in the middle of a big project and do not need to look at this for at least six months. I hope it comes out by then and they have a good early adopter sale.

Reading This Topic