Profile Picture

3DXchange pro vs pipeline

Posted By jmartin77777 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jmartin77777
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm a hobbyist that is considering buying the iclone tool.   I play a lot with Poser 11 making still scenes and I've tried to animate using that software but find it difficult.  I've watched some videos of Iclone and it seems like it would be a much better tool for animation.   I'm trying to choose which package I should buy and I'm confused about the difference between 3DXchange PRO vs 3DXchange pipeline.   Given the pricing difference, and reading the very short blurb included in the package pricing list, my first impression was that PRO & pipeline are about the same thing, but pipeline includes the ability to export in many formats for other software, whereas PRO just lets you import from everything, but export only as iclone's format.   But then as I was putting the package I wanted in the cart I noticed that it said 'people who buy my package also buy', and one of the things it showed was 3DXchange PRO.   This makes me think they are NOT the same thing just with expanded output options, but instead have actual feature differences.   Note that one of the things I do is to export my poser scenes as .obj files and import them into Tilt Brush to view scenes in VR.  It seems like I would need 3DXchange pipeline for that.   But would I also need to purchase 3DXchange PRO for some other features?

I guess my basic question is what is the difference between PRO & pipeline?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (51.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Today @ 12:21 AM
Hi...

You were correct in your initial assumption.

3DXchange 7 Pro is for bringing in 3rd party content for iClone. 

3DXchange 7 Pipeline includes all the features of the Pro version but also adds additional export options to send iClone content to other 3rd party tools in FBX, BVH and OBJ formats.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jmartin77777
jmartin77777
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you, I appreciate the answer!

Reading This Topic