Profile Picture

Very confused about OBJ, FBX and friggen FBX Key, please help.

Posted By stephenq80 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Very confused about OBJ, FBX and friggen FBX Key, please help.

Author
stephenq80
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,
Thank you for reading my post. I am using the full version of Character Creator 3 Pipeline version 3.04. I am fairly certain that when I purchased this software that I read that clothing can be imported as OBJ files. And I could have sworn that I seen that at one point. However, I no longer see that as an option. If I try to import anything that I made, it says it has to be .Fbx and I need an Fbx Key. When I chose the create clothing option, it says in parenthesis "with Fbx Key." Fine, ok, no big deal to convert my obj file to Fbx. However, what I cannot figure out for the life of me is where do I get the Fbx key. I have tried exporting just about everything I can think of from the software and nothing spits out an Fbx key.
I am making clothing in zbrush and need to get it back into CC3 to try on the character. I have not used the software very much, all I have done in the past is used it to spit out a nude character model that I have been using for practice. If someone can help me get that Fbx Key, that would be super appreciated.

Thank you!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Import obj as an accessory, and then change by adding cloth weights to clothing.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Please see the Online Manual page below for more detailed instructions. 

http://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/08_Cloth/Creating_Custom_Clothes_OBJ.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

stephenq80
stephenq80
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you very much Kelleytoons and Peter. The information that you two provided helped very much.

Reading This Topic