creaste a morph that alter the look of the figure

Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I want to make a CC3 character that is stylized; imagine a MMD anime figure to give you an idea.
Did search on the REallusion store and found few stylized morphs that I could use, although I don't see anything quite like pure anime style, so I want to import my own meshes as morphs.
After trying to create a morph, I realized that I can't just use the OBJ with the anime figure, because that will cause an error (I get an error that say that my objkey file is corrupted); and I assume that it is because the OBJ and the exported CC3 mesh are not the same.
A quick look at some tutorials show that you need to use the CC3 mesh and modify it; keeping the same number of vertex, or it won't work. So if my anime character is completely made from scratch by me, I can't use it in CC3.

At this point, what option do I have, beside spend weeks trying to modify the original CC3 mesh to make a morph? The whole point here is to make something quickly, so I can reuse it, and since I have a lot of clothing and props that I made in CC3, I would like to re-use them for my anime characters.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 55 minutes ago
You have a couple of options if you don't want to sculpt the CC3 Base model 

If you have Character Creator 3 Pipeline you may be able to find a suitable anime character in the Daz3D library and then use Transformer to bring it into Character Creator 3. If it is for a non-commercial project then this method will be the easiest and quickest.

Alternatively, you can use 3DXchange 7 to convert your own custom model to non-standard format and use that directly in iClone 7. You will need to have your model rigged first and in FBX format before you can convert it to a non-standard character. OBJ files do not contain bones so can't be used for character import.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Peter (RL) (3/11/2019)
You have a couple of options if you don't want to sculpt the CC3 Base model 

If you have Character Creator 3 Pipeline you may be able to find a suitable anime character in the Daz3D library and then use Transformer to bring it into Character Creator 3. If it is for a non-commercial project then this method will be the easiest and quickest.

Alternatively, you can use 3DXchange 7 to convert your own custom model to non-standard format and use that directly in iClone 7. You will need to have your model rigged first and in FBX format before you can convert it to a non-standard character. OBJ files do not contain bones so can't be used for character import.

Thanks Peter.

For #1 I did look at that route, although DAZ figures are too different from the style I am looking for. I am trying to get a pure anime figure, and DAZ figures are more anime realistic for proportions and overall look, so can't do that (BTW I have the runtime license for DAZ so I am allowed to use models for real time applications and commercial projects, as long as I don't distribute the meshes).

#2 may be an option, but I don't have iclone nor 3dXchange, just CC3. Some of my models are rigged so that may end up working. Although I am not clear on the workflow. Once I do that I am stuck with iclone7 right? I won't be able to import that in CC3.
What I want to achieve is to make a morph to be used in CC3, kinda like what is included with CC3 already (the character that looks like an old gnome, forgot its name).
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I understand that this may be out of the scope of CC3, but since it is a character creation tool, one would assume that there is a way to import different meshes; kinda like what you do in Unity with mecanim, where you retarget the meshes so they can use the same animations.

My ideal feature would be import FBX rigged -> apply it on the CC3 mesh -> save it in the library and use it in CC3

Reading This Topic