Profile Picture

Reallusion content itself may not be repurposed?

Posted By bodell3 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bodell3
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)New Member (88 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
"Reallusion content itself may not be repurposed and resold in an external content library regardless of format, under any circumstances." - From the website
10. "The unique topology of characters generated by Character Creator is Reallusion's property. You may not do the following applications unless getting explicit permission from Reallusion:
  . Repurpose them into any other 3D formats, distribute them, or sell them in any third party marketplaces or applications." - From the License Agreement
I am a little confused by these statements, specifically: "Repurpose them into any other 3D formats." I am developing a game, I want to use a character from CC in my game. If I import a character from CC into a 3D modelling software--say Blender, does this suggest that I am in no way allowed to manipulate the topology/geometry of the character? The character must be imported into my game as is? If I model my own clothes and accessories in Blender, am I allowed to dress the imported CC model with my own clothes and accessories? Perhaps it would be necessary to manipulate the topology/geometry to better suit or further optimize my game. If I 3D model some shoes in blender for the CC model to wear, I would then delete the geometry that would make up the feet to optimize my game. As a general question, what am I able to do with the exported CC model? My plans are to create the character using CC, export to blender for further tuning and manipulation adding clothes/accessories(of my own creation), UV unwrapping, retexturing the model and importing into UE4. I've already purchased the pipeline for export, but I need to know if I can actually further manipulate/optimize the geometry/topology outside of CC. I understand the creation tools/models cannot be sold in third-party applications or used to create a character creation mechanic inside of a videogame.Any reply is appreciated, thank you!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Your quote from the EULA refers to selling the actual Character Creator 3D models. This restriction does not apply to using CC characters in a game or application where the models themselves are not downloadable. The only requirement for games or apps is that you obtain a FREE Mass Distribution License. To find out more please see the page below and in particular the section entitled "Mass Distribution Rights for Exported 3D Content".

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Royalty_Free/index.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic