Reallusion content itself may not be repurposed?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic406825.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By bodell3 - 5 Years Ago
"Reallusion content itself may not be repurposed and resold in an external content library regardless of format, under any circumstances." - From the website
10. "The unique topology of characters generated by Character Creator is Reallusion's property. You may not do the following applications unless getting explicit permission from Reallusion:
  . Repurpose them into any other 3D formats, distribute them, or sell them in any third party marketplaces or applications." - From the License Agreement
I am a little confused by these statements, specifically: "Repurpose them into any other 3D formats." I am developing a game, I want to use a character from CC in my game. If I import a character from CC into a 3D modelling software--say Blender, does this suggest that I am in no way allowed to manipulate the topology/geometry of the character? The character must be imported into my game as is? If I model my own clothes and accessories in Blender, am I allowed to dress the imported CC model with my own clothes and accessories? Perhaps it would be necessary to manipulate the topology/geometry to better suit or further optimize my game. If I 3D model some shoes in blender for the CC model to wear, I would then delete the geometry that would make up the feet to optimize my game. As a general question, what am I able to do with the exported CC model? My plans are to create the character using CC, export to blender for further tuning and manipulation adding clothes/accessories(of my own creation), UV unwrapping, retexturing the model and importing into UE4. I've already purchased the pipeline for export, but I need to know if I can actually further manipulate/optimize the geometry/topology outside of CC. I understand the creation tools/models cannot be sold in third-party applications or used to create a character creation mechanic inside of a videogame.Any reply is appreciated, thank you!
By Peter (RL) - 5 Years Ago
Hi...

Your quote from the EULA refers to selling the actual Character Creator 3D models. This restriction does not apply to using CC characters in a game or application where the models themselves are not downloadable. The only requirement for games or apps is that you obtain a FREE Mass Distribution License. To find out more please see the page below and in particular the section entitled "Mass Distribution Rights for Exported 3D Content".

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Royalty_Free/index.html