CC3 - Unreal - iClone7+ and Animations

Posted By Atonnis 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Atonnis
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
First just a quick 'hi' to everyone I know on here. I'm glad to be properly back in action again after some bad medical stuff.

I've now experimented with the new Unreal CC3 Plugin (which even as a beta, alpha, whatever, is already AwEsOmE!  Believe me it takes a lot for me to lower my standards to writing awesome in that way and you have pulled it off, so a massive round of applause.

Anyway - to the point.  Having seen that I can bring across all sorts of interesting Daz items, and then even taking them through into Unreal, I find myself wondering if there is already a pathway to do the same for Unreal to CC3 or iClone.

I have a lot (A LOT!!) of Unreal animations tied to the standard Mannequin(s) that I would love to somehow bring over to CC3 or iClone, have their animations work properly (HAIR IN PARTICULAR!  I CANNOT GET UNREAL HAIR TO ^"&£*!&!¬ WORK RIGHT!!) and then bring them back to Unreal with their animations still working correctly.

Would I be correct in still assuming that this is still in the province of the dark-side, using 3DXchange, or is there yet another new way you wonderful Reallusion creatiartists have come up with that may make things easier?  Unless someone there has a magic button that can get hair in Unreal to work properly then I find myself going to the best that I know, and that's you guys!  (OK, the sucking up is getting a bit much even for me - suffice to say that you changed my entire creation-development life when I found you and I couldn't be more grateful).

So, on the topic at hand, does anyone have any suggestions, advice, etc - please assume I've read the documentation, and been to a few really awful videos of people who can't stop sniffing all throughout their presentations on YT.  I am soon to gain a superlative amount of processing power just as a background workhorse behind my main workhorse, and I've fleshed out 90% of 2 full, interesting, games and a full script and designs for a TV series I want to work on so, so badly.  If I can just get certain little things, like hair, right without the difficulties I'm having I'll be eternally grateful.

All the best to you - Atonnis.

Reading This Topic