How to soften picture

Posted By andrew.genaille 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

I put a pop video into iclone and rendered in indigo, The problem I have is the cgi picture is sharper than the pop video.

It would blend better if I could soften the cgi and was wondering if there was a way in iclone or indigo.

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

● As far as I'm aware, PopVideo only supports up to 1080p, so that would prevent you from using say a nice sharp UHD, 2160p PopVideo image. I don't know anything about indigo or it's settings, but I'm wondering if you couldn't render out your cgi separately (with a transparent background) and then use a non linear editor to combine it with your PopVideo image. With the 2 layers, you'd have total control over their 'look' and 'sharpness'.
● There is a 'blur' effect in the  'Content Manager' under Stage > Effect, (controllable under 'Visual' > Post Effect'), but as far as I know it 'blurs' the entire scene -  Sad
● The only other option I can think of is play with your Depth Of Field settings to slightly soften at the cgi distance, leaving the PopVideo fully focussed.
Just some thoughts - others may have more suggestions ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Correction: .... It appears that PopVideo is now able to accept 3840 horizontal pixel image resolutions. I just had success exporting a 3840 x 1636 pixel PNG sequence out of iClone and importing the sequence into PopVideo to create a PopVideo file. That file was then successfully right-click 'dragged and dropped' onto the iClone work area as an Image Plane OR a Billboard OR and Image Layer. This would give the potential for more detailed image quality inside of iClone when matching to the cgi ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
andrew.genaille
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

Thankyou

I’m going to give them a try today after work and see what I can come up with

Reading This Topic