Profile Picture

Reach Target Problem

Posted By e1_scheer Last Week
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
e1_scheer
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile

New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Can someone explain how to get this 'foot fix" result when cleaning up motion data as documented in the manual

http://manual.reallusion.com/Curve_Editor_Plug_in/ENU/Default.htm#Curve_Editor_1/Curve_Editor/Application_Mocap_Data_Cleaning.htm

For some reason, when i create the dummy targets, they  move with the root instead of locking in world space.
This is pretty annoying and a big deal as it was one of the main reasons for me investing into the live motion platform.  

Thanks,

Iwan
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 8 days ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I think I've found a "workable" solution to the target reach issue, by unlinking the motion dummy parent from the root
in the link tab.  Once I get the reach targets in global space it's possible to establish a motion edit workflow that does
the job but has me jumping through several non intuitive hoops.  When I get the time and if anyone is interested I can
do a short tutorial on it.

As for the other mocap editing tools, they are clumsy beyond belief.  One of the main "features" is to sample your
animation from a clip into motion channels that you can then edit in the motion curve editor.  However this sampling 
is not done on a frame by frame basis and seriously butchers your motion capture file, even before you start editing. 

I would love to see a sampling option that leaves the original motion intact and then lets me sample the parts of the
curves I want to by hand.  This is a necessary feature to do any kind of quality motion editing.

I don't want to turn this into a rant, because I can really see the potential of the motion live platform, but the motion
edit features really need to be brought up to scratch.

Iwan
Edited
8 days ago by e1_scheer
t_ipsen
t_ipsen
Posted 4 days ago
View Quick Profile

Last Active: 4 days ago
Thanks!!! i have bind struggling with this to.

Reading This Topic