Reach Target Problem

Posted By e1_scheer 5 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Can someone explain how to get this 'foot fix" result when cleaning up motion data as documented in the manual

http://manual.reallusion.com/Curve_Editor_Plug_in/ENU/Default.htm#Curve_Editor_1/Curve_Editor/Application_Mocap_Data_Cleaning.htm

For some reason, when i create the dummy targets, they  move with the root instead of locking in world space.
This is pretty annoying and a big deal as it was one of the main reasons for me investing into the live motion platform.  

Thanks,

Iwan
e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I think I've found a "workable" solution to the target reach issue, by unlinking the motion dummy parent from the root
in the link tab.  Once I get the reach targets in global space it's possible to establish a motion edit workflow that does
the job but has me jumping through several non intuitive hoops.  When I get the time and if anyone is interested I can
do a short tutorial on it.

As for the other mocap editing tools, they are clumsy beyond belief.  One of the main "features" is to sample your
animation from a clip into motion channels that you can then edit in the motion curve editor.  However this sampling 
is not done on a frame by frame basis and seriously butchers your motion capture file, even before you start editing. 

I would love to see a sampling option that leaves the original motion intact and then lets me sample the parts of the
curves I want to by hand.  This is a necessary feature to do any kind of quality motion editing.

I don't want to turn this into a rant, because I can really see the potential of the motion live platform, but the motion
edit features really need to be brought up to scratch.

Iwan
Edited
5 Years Ago by e1_scheer
t_ipsen
t_ipsen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)Senior Member (250 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks!!! i have bind struggling with this to.
rit2040
rit2040
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

After spending 3 hours trying to figure out how to plant feet in a fixed location, this is the only method that works for me.

The resulting reach target effect not only works in iClone7, but it also carries to the exported .fbx animation file and could be imported in UE5 with the same reach effect.
(during export, when prompted with target tool preset, instead of choosing Unreal, choose 3DSMAX instead. For some reason, the Unreal option will miss up the reach effect)

Just wanted to show my gratitude to the OP, thank you so much!

Edited
2 Years Ago by rit2040

Reading This Topic