Profile Picture

What makes iClone better than blender

Posted By webmaster_916720 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
billgucci2
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
webmaster_916720 (1/24/2019)
1. How easy and stable is it to import content from blender to iClone (rigging, file formats, other contents ...)

Reallusion has made importing characters, props and accessories from 3rd party software very easy.
Daz for instance...There is "Special Duf Key" that simplify's the entire process.
"It automatically recognizes Daz's bones, morphs and animations"
Without this key.... you'd have to do it manually. Many, many steps involved.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
webmaster_916720 (1/24/2019)
2. What does the price of iClone buy you? Is it a lifetime price or do you have to pay again for each new version? How many additional plugins you need for a real start?

You pay for each "Major" Release.
5.0....  6.0.... 7.0....

You get "Patch" updates for free.
7.1.... 7.2.... 7.3....

Historically, at least one patch release has included significant new functionality, in addition to bug fixes and minor enhancements.  That's not a guarantee.  Each major release cycle seems to run for at least two years, even more.

You OWN the software, so even if you don't upgrade to the next major release, the old version will continue to run, and run, and run...

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago

Two additional questions:
1. How easy and stable is it to import content from blender to iClone (rigging, file formats, other contents ...)
2. What does the price of iClone buy you? Is it a lifetime price or do you have to pay again for each new version? How many additional plugins you need for a real start?

If you plan to import content from Blender you must have the Full pipeline version with 3Dxchange
Check the main store page for detailed description of the various versions.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by AutoDidact
nabakiafrika
nabakiafrika
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Geoffrey,
I'm in the deep water of a major animation project, and have invested in iclone and cc to help me speed up and add some variety to the process.  I use blender for my project but when finished plan to devote some time to iclone and its workflow.  I'm finding exporting fbx with animation from iclone, importing to blender, hit or miss.  I fiddle all the settings, and when I find the settings that work, in the next attempt they don't work.  So weird, or I have to try multiple times and eventually the import works.  That's my issue now, but I am really interested in discovering your animated works; I found you on Idmb but it doesn't yet have your animation work listed.  congrats anyway, and please share links if you have them.  here's a screenshot from a recent shot I was working on.  
thanks!
Warrenhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dea73173-1fe9-47d7-a38e-5801.jpg

Reading This Topic