Profile Picture

Plugin: Move with Unity (iClone and Unity motion sync)

Posted By The-any-Key 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Tried to make my first network plugin. The idea is to use Unity3D movement and animations and sync these to iClone to a prop or avatar. You can then ex use Unity locomotion plugins or other plugins that move or animate object and directly sync these to iClone avatars and props.
It is still a work in progress and the current sync need to be fine tuned, better speed timing, ...:

Simple AI move in Unity where we are connected to iClone:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/226e6851-4491-4792-91d2-37c6.gif

In iClone:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a2b7ba68-7540-47f9-b215-eee9.gif

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
This is really pretty amazing!
Opens up all kinds of possibilities. There are a lot of pretty interesting character motion addons for Unity. Not to mention Mecanim itself!
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Re: Unity.

I am puzzled at the appeal of Unity until they resolve their odd behaviour as regards SpatialOS and the Improbable company.

Unity changed their terms of service without notice shutting down all of this firm's Steam offerings.

Why wouldn't they do the same to any iCloners who had a successful offering?

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
SeanMac (1/20/2019)
Re: Unity.

I am puzzled at the appeal of Unity until they resolve their odd behaviour as regards SpatialOS and the Improbable company.

Unity changed their terms of service without notice shutting down all of this firm's Steam offerings.

Why wouldn't they do the same to any iCloners who had a successful offering?

Home Built in Coolermaster ATX case with GigabyteGA-Z170X-GAMING 7 MoBo, i7-6700 @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GraphicsCard, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, an Acer CB241HQK  & a Samsung S24D300 monitor, Huion H610Pro Graphics Tablet, Kinect v2, Logitech C920 Webcam, Win 10 64 Bit OS

I think the demonstrator here goes beyond Unity: here it is shown how the object movement can be controlled via a socket, which at the other endpoint can eventually be anything.
I would say, GREAT and INSPIRING example done by TheAnyKey!!

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
5 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

"I would say, GREAT and INSPIRING example done by TheAnyKey!!"
Roberto

I agree, Roberto. 100%.

I was just under the impression that it only applied to Unity.

Thanks for clearing that up.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Next step is to connect a joystick... ;-)
I would not be surprised to discover soon that "The Master" (TheAnyKey) is already working on it...

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Why I use Unity is because the sample used Unity. I have never used Unity before, so I can't comment on how their manners as humans are (it's a cooperation, what do you expect :-). But it seem Unity have a bunch of plugins that can create interesting animations.
Ex I want to try Puppetmaster and sync it to iClone: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/puppetmaster-48977

But the goal is to make it generic so I can adapt it to connect to mostly anything that support sockets. 

About joysticks: I actually have a plan to use WiiMote controllers for prop movements. Ex you can duct tape a wiimote to a box or something and move it around. And sync the movement back to iClone. But I have no idea about the quality of the data from the wiimote. So we will see what happens.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Tak

Thanks for that.

"But the goal is to make it generic so I canadapt it to connect to mostly anything that support sockets. "

Very much approve - proper middleware programming.

More power to your elbow!
SeanMac
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hmm. Trying to link bones from Unity to iClone. It seem the orientation of the axis is different when export to Unity. So I need a way to translate it. But my math skills is not that good when it comes to matrix and quaternions math. We will see if the people at Unity forum can help.
https://forum.unity.com/threads/calc-local-rotation-with-local-axes-based-on-first-parent-local-rotation.619480/

Do anyone have an idea what I can send instead of the euler or 
quaternions to make the same rotation in Unity as iClone. I can use the world angles. But the problem with tthat is that the world angles is affected by other bones and I would need to "local" world angles.

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Was able to figure out the maths. But seem the API only allow to get the local quaternion rotation. The world transform get return wrong values. So I need to wait until they update the API.

Reading This Topic