OFFICIAL iClone 7.41 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Lots of little bugs I thought would be fixed by now.
Avatar scaling doesn't stay locked.
When you check Lock:XYZ they don't stay proportional.
Example:
if you have all 3 axis at a 100% and you change just one value to 101, anyone will do.
If you add 1 from 100 on one axis you'll get 101 for all 3, but if you then immediately go down one from the same it will go back to 100 but the rest will stay at 101. 
If you keep going up and down with just one axis it will keep doing this over and over till you are way off on the other 2.

Other bug: Color correcting loses focus.
If you adjust the color of a material as soon as I stop the slider the material unselects and you have to reselect it to make any further corrections each time. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7e4b09d-f19a-407a-9bd6-9545.png
v7.4 Anything with a video texture I get this when I hit the Export button.

Installed 7.4 and try image sequence? I know 7.3 didn't work for that.
So I open my iProject that uses mp4 as a texture can't get it to work now yet it did yesterday. Can't render with anything except 1 way...
Save as image sequence... NO!
This piece of... How about I pull out what's left of my hair!
Now it doesn't render an avatar that is suppose to appear at frame 340. Everything work correctly in the 3D viewport everything show up at it should.
I can't render AVI, MP4, MOV, or image sequence.
I dunno what to do anymore... OK! image sequence from 340 on and it's done.
Now I'm going to find out why I am bleeding from my ears.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Try AVI for your video texture -- that's what I had to do (using MP4 made iClone crash in much the same way).

But it stinks.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (1/25/2019)
Try AVI for your video texture -- that's what I had to do (using MP4 made iClone crash in much the same way).

But it stinks.

AVI? Uncompressed AVI?
I'll try it.

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Create script with audio crashes upon loading.
I loaded an audio file from when I was using 7.3 with the same iProject I created using 7.3 but with 7.4 it just crashes and crashes every time 100%.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
m_koshi (1/22/2019)
Alpha has big square noise
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/23808483-1670-4639-97c5-4986.jpg
In animation rendering, a large square noise is placed on the mask alpha. I tried various tests such as TGA sequence, PNG sequence, Alpha only MPG, but all the same phenomena occur. This large square noise is about 100 x 100 pixels, which is a little bit thinner than black 100% and occurs at random positions, and this condition occurs randomly every ten-several frames. so it may not be noticeable.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue. Do ensure you have added this to the Feedback Tracker and please provide a link for your project so the team can test to see what the problem is. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Dragonskunk (1/28/2019)
Create script with audio crashes upon loading.
I loaded an audio file from when I was using 7.3 with the same iProject I created using 7.3 but with 7.4 it just crashes and crashes every time 100%.

Hi Dragonskunk

You have reported a few issues that relate to video or audio codecs. It may be you have an issue on your computer with regards to codecs. This could be because you have recently installed some audio or video software that has made changes to your codecs.

So we can check if there is an issue with iClone, please ensure you have added these issues to the Feedback Tracker or contact Technical Support direct and supply the projects/audio/video files you are using so we can test them. We will then be able to advise you further. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Dragonskunk

You have reported a few issues that relate to video or audio codecs. It may be you have an issue on your computer with regards to codecs. This could be because you have recently installed some audio or video software that has made changes to your codecs.

So we can check if there is an issue with iClone, please ensure you have added these issues to the Feedback Tracker or contact Technical Support direct and supply the projects/audio/video files you are using so we can test them. We will then be able to advise you further. Thanks.

I always put my issues here first in case someone can say that it's just me or others say me too. Then I head for  the Feedback Tracker which I did for this.

The codec issue sounds plausible, I did add software that edits audio and video.

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm going to update my K-Lite codec pack first see if that works.

[UPDATE]
Yup! That's it, the codecs I had may still have been OK but while installing K-Lite I got a message saying:

The installed "vorbis codec" causes crashes and is unstable do you want to uninstall it?

I said OK and so far iClone is behaving. That codec was from old software called Fruity Loops.

Thank you Peter, you saved me and tech support a lot of head scratching.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for letting us know you were able to track down the culprit. That is good news. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic