Help with Simple Character Motion

Posted By ken_1171 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ken_1171
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am new to iClone, and I am trying to do something I would consider "simple". I want the character to just walk from point A to point B, and then turn to face the left. I would imagine iClone ships with simple walk and turn animations? 

The new CC3 character loads in iClone with no "personal" actions, so I go to the motions library and get overwhelmed. I then tried the MixMoves panel, which has walk, but not turning to a side - just turning back 180 degrees. The walk is also short, not reaching my point B. If I stretch the length, it doesn't loop correctly in the transition points. It appears MixMoves animation blocks were not designed to be extended/looped. I could make them loopable by cutting them into single cycles I can loop. I also know about animation paths, but the feet slide badly when the path turns to a side. Looks bad. 

I then imported my own custom animations (with 3DXChange) I created in Poser, and then things finally worked. I am new to iClone, so I assume I am trying things the wrong way - it can't be this hard. 

I would appreciate any hints on how to do such simple things in iClone from the more experienced iClone guys from the community.
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Here is the video of the walk with a 90-degree turn:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic