Profile Picture

Transfer Skin Weight without deformation.

Posted By chrisk414 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

I'm trying to import a custom meshes and use the "Transfer Skin Weight" to automatically skin it.
But when I use one of the templates, it always deforms my mesh.

My mesh is designed to fit CC character and I don't want to deform but just assign the wight only.
This is quite annoying.

Is there a way to do this? If not shouldn't there be an option not to deform the mesh?

Thank you very much.
chrisk414
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)Senior Member (368 reputation)

Hi, Is there a no way to get around this now?
Automatic deformation drives me crazy. 
I designed the cloth to fit CC character and why is it doing that?
If not, please make the optional checkbox for the deformation(conformation) for the automatic weight transfer.
Thanks.
ToKoMotion
ToKoMotion
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi. Could you share a screenshot of the issue? Otherwise it's hard to find a solution. Thanks.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/43a4ac7b-bd85-430a-aa3e-e3f7.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cbb0370-ee1b-4f58-9b3d-6930.png    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e84e0ec9-aa91-47d0-ae07-d519.png
FIND MORE:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/17a1d227-c563-4ece-a41a-257a.jpg

chrisk414
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi,
It's a pretty simple problem and it happens to all cases.
Have you tried to Import an FBX file, a cloth for an example, and applied "Transfer Skin Weight" from the given template?
Your imported mesh will always changes its shape as a side-effect but I don't want it to change its shape if I already prepared the mesh to fit CC character.
I think CC is trying to deform the mesh to conform to the character while applying weight but I would like a check-box option for the mesh deformation.
Thanks.
Edited
6 Years Ago by chrisk414
vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Really, you should more show an explain what your problem is if you want help.
I do conforming my meshes without problems and it works exactly like or DAZ Studio transfer utility tool 
From your description, I have no Idea what you mean . Mean you wrong weigths ? or want you non conforming accessories ?  Why do you not made a screenshot ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

chrisk414
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Alright, here it is.
The first screenshot is before I do "Transfer Skin Weight"   As you can see everything looks fine.

The next image is after "Transfer Skin Weight" using the Default template.

As you can see, the sleeves are deformed. It also deforms other areas slightly(shoulders are widened) but not very noticeable in the image but I don't want any deformation but just skin weigh transfer. 
Thanks.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Try using the "Other" setting instead. The default clothing template ends at the wrists and cuffs.
vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Consider automatic skinning is nice feature for sure , but by all not perfect .if the result of easy push button is not enough still adjust the weight manually. Every mesh is different and need fine tuning.

liebe Grüße vidi

chrisk414
chrisk414
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

"Other' still deforms it.
Sure, an automatic skinning feature is nice and it is very useful even if it's not perfect. I'll have to adjust the weight and it's much easier to start from somewhere instead of from scatch.
I'm just saying, why it must deform the mesh while skinning?? It would be very simple to add an optional button not to change mesh position.
Thanks.
vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm just saying, why it must deform the mesh while skinning?? It would be very simple to add an optional button not to change mesh position.

Seams to me skinning is new for you 
No deforming  would mean no weight and not follow the bones. That would a problem as soon as you want animate your Character .  
Mesh *deforming (*changing the meshposition)  comes from the weightmap . The WM is the influence from a Bone of a mesh  area (vertices) . Like a greymap,  white is deforming and  black not .
gradations indicate how soft the Bone deform the mesh .
That mean Auto transfer ,  do copy the WM and transform it  from the character to your new Cloth mesh. 
Then for better result you need fine tuning some areas in the new mesh with the WM Tools 
Indeed RL has some Template , but every mesh is different and in your case you need fix the influence manually in this areas.  The tools are not there for nothing.

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
6 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic