Custom mouth shapes (Visemes)?

Posted By Dr. Nemesis 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
So one advantage of doing things the 3DXchange way was that we had more fine control of the mouth shapes that made up visemes. If something wasn't quite right we could change it fairly easily.
I've converted a few figures and found that some of the visemes aren't so accurate, giving some less that adequate lip syncing.
CC3 seems to take the whole visime step out of our hands which is kind of a good thing but bad when it's not perfect.
Is there a way to modify the visemes more to our liking, or do we just have to deal with how CC3 does it?

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

You can load your cc3 avatars into 3dxchange and adjust the visemes to your hearts content

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Re: Custom mouth shapes (Visemes)?

The issue has been raised several times in the past.
When you import CC3 model in 3DXchange, you will find the Viseme Table in the Expression Editor
with more than 100 of sliders, however, Vowels and Consonants for the Lip Editor used in the iClone
Timeline are not included in these CC3 Viseme sliders.

The CC3 Viseme were designed for CC3 only and not related to the audio Lips Editor in the iClone.

The morphing mesh for mouth is not same between CC3 and other former Characters, so,
the former facial animation profile can not be loaded into the CC3 Viseme Table in 3DXchange.

I was told that Reallusion has no plan to update the table for CC base character last year.

(Fig) CC3: Lips Editor in iClone7  vs Viseme in 3DXchange7
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5c927c1c-0fef-4899-a507-d147.jpg

・3 years ago: Editing CC Avatar VISEME MOUTH SHAPES
https://forum.reallusion.com/257510/Editing-CC-Avatar-VISEME-MOUTH-SHAPES

・Last year: [Request] Expose Character Visemes As CC Morph Sliders (with...
https://forum.reallusion.com/312249/Request-Expose-Character-Visemes-As-CC-Morph-Sliders-with-Customization

・Last Year My posting: [PBR] Anime Character - Ayaka (2017/03)
https://forum.reallusion.com/324658/PBR-Anime-Character-Ayaka-Now-Available#bm326613

Thank you,
Hiro

Edited
6 Years Ago by hirospot
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Yeah, Theoldbuffer, thanks but I think you sorely underestimate my heart's content.
Thanks for your response, Hiro.
I noticed this and it's really unfortunate. I was finding Daz CC3 characters to be brilliant in almost every way.
I'm a little bit confused now how anyone who's serious about facial animation is supposed to use these characters.
It looks like I'll have to stick to Daz->3DXchange->Iclone until this can get some kind of traction. 

Edit: Hiro, is there a feedback tracker item for this that can be voted on? If not I'll be making a one but it'll be a few days before I can put a good one together.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Dr. Nemesis
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
I'm pretty sure I put one in on the eye issue, which is similar (and could be added to).  The eye problem is with a lot of Daz content, in that the eyes don't properly close all the way.  The best way to handle this would be to have the ability to edit the visemes inside of CC3.  Doing it via XChange means you actually have to create the morph yourself, which is NOT a good way to do this (we ought to just be able to specify the amount of closure on the eye morph).

If this is similar to what you have in mind (the ability to edit the amount of movement on any particular viseme) then I think it would be good to add this, particularly as CC3 is supposed to be the "one-stop" place for all these things.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
I ran into the same issue with the supplied HiveWIre characters, where I felt the visemes were off after some minor morph editing of the lips. I was surprised to find these fairly useless settings in 3DXchange. So I agree that a viseme table should be editable somewhere.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Thank you Dr. Nemesis, Kelleytoons and animagic,

Using iClone and CC characters as a Japanese Talking Avatar have been my basic interests.
Text to Speech Editor in iClone TTS can create English voice, and the TTS ON-Demand tool is available for Additional Voices.
https://tts.reallusion.com/en/Home/TTS

This tool is very useful to create not only Japanese voice but approx 30 country languages for iClone.
(fig) TTS Ondemand_Japanese
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1c3a0d0a-f4b6-4088-9745-08da.jpg

Once the TTS voice is loaded to the CC character, lip moves according to the initial automatic
lipsync settings, and Lip Options table is also provided, however,
the accuracy of each lip key under voice waveform is decreased in the foreign language
like Japanese compared to the English voice.

Thus, addition or re-position of lip keys are needed manually over the entire voice track.

(Fig)  Voice Track_English
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/29b296f7-2524-4d89-99c5-db94.jpg
(Fig)  Voice Track_Japanese

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ae9472b5-ec14-4017-aa22-a988.jpg

My major concern or question is how the lip key is created more accurately to the native and foreign voices,
together with the local lip shape editing for each lip keys for the Lips Editor.

Re: Lip Editor and Face Puppet in iClone by 3D Tutorials and News

Thank you,
Hiro

Edited
6 Years Ago by hirospot
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thank you for all the feedback. I have passed this to our iClone / CC teams for review. I will update again once I have any news.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic