Profile Picture

export to fbx with custom pose

Posted By alan.bartlett 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alan.bartlett
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
hello, I'm trialing CC with a view to buying but am having a problem finding a way to export a character with the pose that I've created in CC.  I just want a mesh form at this stage (.fbx or .obj) but when I export the pose reverts back to the classic "T".  Can anyone point me to the right setting?
Many thanks, Alan
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Alan

CC3 will always export the pose that is set as the default. This is normally the T-Pose but you have a couple of options to export your custom pose.

So you can either export with the custom pose loaded into the Import Motion section of the export panel (see below). Alternatively you can click the "Edit Pose" button from the Modify Panel  > Motion Pose tab and choose "Set as Default" to set your custom pose as the new default pose.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4de23219-b945-47a5-82d8-bf5d.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alan.bartlett
alan.bartlett
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Hi, thanks for getting back to me however neither of the suggested solutions had any effect and exporting to fbx after following these instructions still resulted in the classic "T" pose.
Attachments
fbx output.JPG (169 views, 29.00 KB)
cc set as default.JPG (163 views, 78.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Alan

Apologies for the confusion. The second solution I gave "Set As Default" only applies to export as .iAvatar. As you are exporting FBX this won't apply. Whistling

However the first solution to include the pose in the export panel should work fine. Do remember that the custom pose is exported as an animation clip so you will need to load the clip to your avatar once opened in your target tool. Depending on the 3D software you using, your avatar may open in a t-pose but you can then apply the custom pose that is included in the FBX.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
alan.bartlett
alan.bartlett
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Peter,
I'm importing the .fbx into a 3D CAD program and, even though it's fairly top end, I don't think it can read the animation data.  I'll look in more depth later.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I believe I found a way to do this that will have the your pose instead of the T-pose.
Create and save your pose in CC3 Pipeline.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/913fdf37-71fc-4862-a2ea-d04c.jpg
In the FBX panel choose to include a motion. Then add the pose you just saved to the list. Make sure that the "Tpose" thing remains un-checked. Export.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a5e40f4-faa6-4844-a622-267c.jpg
The skeleton will be in the pose when imported into another app. Here it is in Blender,as it imported without playing any animation.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/99ffc347-adf4-4ecb-b220-de02.jpg
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Made this a little while ago.
Same thing practically as guys suggested

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost386521.aspx

reilandfourny.francois
reilandfourny.francois
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
hey guys I followed rthe advice but blender still not imports it correctly ( the animation is still in T-pose first) and it is an huge problem for my pipeline.... any suggestions?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

reilandfourny.francois (10/19/2019)
hey guys I followed rthe advice but blender still not imports it correctly ( the animation is still in T-pose first) and it is an huge problem for my pipeline.... any suggestions?

Most likely you have skeleton in Rest Position in Blender.
Switch to Pose Position.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f679b337-8a57-4672-93cc-c7b4.jpg

reilandfourny.francois
reilandfourny.francois
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
thanks for the quick reply but that wasn't it... maybe I should explain it a bit better... I can indeed go to the  other pose, but I actually want to display that pose as first pose as in your video. But he's first in T pose and what I want I want is he's in A- pose for better editing later.

here is a video  for demonstration that I recorded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BaC34LuPQU&feature=youtu.be

Reading This Topic