How do you import Daz Poses into CC3?

Posted By inash 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'll run it myself to insure no problems and I didn't leave anything out 
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've gone through that process and it kind of worked.
I think it is a very good way to bring in DAZ morphs to iClone / CC.
Very useful. Thanks again, larryjbiz.

But for full body poses, there is another method.
I just found a video tutorial that shows the process. It seemed pretty straight-forward, at least to me.
It helped me to create my first pose (iMotion) for use in iClone within a few minutes.

larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Okay cool,  that was just an idea.
I'll check out the video.  I'm always looking for a better way, and easier.

Thanks 3D
Edited
6 Years Ago by larryjbiz
inash
inash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

3dtester (10/4/2018)
I've gone through that process and it kind of worked.
I think it is a very good way to bring in DAZ morphs to iClone / CC.
Very useful. Thanks again, larryjbiz.

But for full body poses, there is another method.
I just found a video tutorial that shows the process. It seemed pretty straight-forward, at least to me.
It helped me to create my first pose (iMotion) for use in iClone within a few minutes.

I tried this method but it didn't work for whatever reason.  Tried this method 2 different ways. I'm going to try the morph method.

OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ / MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 /  RAM: 32GB G-SKILL RIPJAW / HD: 2TB+2TB+3TB  /  SSD: 256 Samsung 860 EVO & 128 Samsung 860 EVO/ 
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti 11GB / COOLER : CORSAIR H75 Liquid Cooler

larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I tried the video. I followed it pretty much as far as saving poses from Daz in BVH and bringing them into exchange under the motion library.
Like in the video I converted the T pose to a non standard character and then used the Dazgen profile in the drop down menu, I guess if you use a character other than the base genesis you'll have to load that characters profile..

But instead of saving the poses out as an animation.  I loaded a character into iclone, made sure it was selected, and the sent each pose to the character with apply to iclone option from the motion library in 3dxchange.

Once the pose was loaded to the character in iclone, I just saved it to my custom folder under poses in a folder I created and then sent over the next pose in the list from exchange and so on..
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It also worked fine for sending motions 
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Larry, your method of sending each pose seperately from 3DX to iClone sounds good.
i tried it, but the 'apply to iclone' button in the motion library is greyed out here.
Don't know what i did wrong.

Edited
6 Years Ago by 3dtester
larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

3D,
let me run it again tonight to get all my steps.  
And I'll post them.

larryjbiz
larryjbiz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

3Dtester, So here are the steps I use.

DAZ
You will need to have genesis in the T position.
I would save this pose for reuse in 3Dxchange, this will be the starting pose so that the other poses position correctly.

1)So I load Genesis into the scene. Genesis seems to do well with most of the poses , even ones not made specifically for it. 
** Note:If you go to the scene manager in Daz and unhighlight Genesis, it will fill the content manager with everything available under a category , not just items created specifically for that character. So you will get a lot more poses available than just the ones made for Genesis.

2) With Genesis in the T pose I export as a BVH file.
** Note: I didn't mess with any of the option in the export settings for the BVH

3DXchange
3) I loaded the BVH file into 3Dxchange. By default the BVH showed up in the motion and perform libraries.

4) I then went to translate under move, and changed the vertical position to 103 (as we saw in the video)
** Note: The Option under Translate.... move on the far right (with the arrows going up and down).

5) I then converted bones( BVH ) to a non standard character and chose DazGen in the drop down menu for presets

6) then choose active and convert
Note: Should get an all files updated alert.

Then under the the motions library, you can use import to bring in other poses in the BVH format if you wish
7) Then highlight the pose you want to send to iclone in the motions library (not the perform) and you should see the send to iclone option activate when a pose is highlighted.

Iclone 
Insure you have your character in Iclone activated, then click send to iclone from motion library in 3DXchange.

Your Iclone character should take on the new pose.
Let me know how it works for you.

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've done it exactly as you described, but i still can't click the 'apply to iclone' button.
Maybe it's a limitation of the trial version. I only bought CC3 yet, not iClone and 3DX.

Anyways, thanks for the guidance. Well done!

Reading This Topic