Posted By Kareeem Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!

Exporting to Unity Workflow / More manual work then expected /

Author
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
k.rehimi (10/3/2018)

A few things I noticed when you want to make use of the new tools and are trying to export the complete character at once (please correct me if I am wrong):

Regarding the points you raise, here is a little feedback from the CC3 dev team. 

1: It is not possible to reduce the triangle count of the body mesh without combining it to the wearables.

Currently the only way reduce the body mesh is convert to our game base now using the option to "Convert to Game Base" on the Modify Panel.

2: It is not possible to combine meshes without reducing triangle count.

Right now we only have a way to combine mesh, you should convert the assets to Accessory and select the Accessories you want to merge, then go to Menu - Modify - Merge Accessory and execute it.

3: It is not possible to export the clothed character without the body.

We will consider to have this ability in a future update.

4: Every InstaLOD has its own baked texture set.

Yes, but you can choose to bake or not bake.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (56.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Once again we do thank you for all the feedback in this thread and we do understand the process needs a little clearer instruction. We are working on adding further CC3 tutorials and will look specifically at the Unity export workflow and try to provide detailed tutorials to help achieve this in a clearer way. Thanks again.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hey Peter, 
Thanks for your response! 
As my research went on ( also posted here in this thread) a few things already cleared up.
I did not know about the feature of merging the Accessoires.

I will definetely open an entry in the Feedback tracker with some Suggestions on the complete workflow for unity. 
Kevin K
Kevin K
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thank You, k.rehimi, very helpful. -k

Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)Senior Member (491 reputation)

Everyone who interested in this topic as well, please vote on the feedback tracker issue 5323 or comment if you have more suggestions.

I put together a list of features I thin everybody would benefit from a huge deal.
joseph.dalessandro
joseph.dalessandro
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have to say that this has been one very frustrating and time wasting experience.  This software product should work as advertised. Period.  It currently is very far from working with "Real-time game engines" and Unity.  I have already wasted several days trying unsuccessfully to get CC3 to export to Unity... as advertised ... and this is my day job and I'm the person who recommended my company purchase CC3 to use alongside Unity.  I've used iClone in the past at previous jobs and it worked great so I thought CC3 would be the same.  I was so wrong!  This software is currently all hype and no substance and it crashes constantly.  If you are a Unity developer stay away from this product ... it's a time suck and a complete waste of your time and energy... maybe 6 months to a year down the road it will work as advertised, but not at this time.  I'm sorry for being so harsh, but this is the truth.  I put my job on the line with this software and it let me down, big time.  I had to go back to just using Daz characters inside Unity.  It's just such a shame because they could have done things differently and released a product that actually works as advertised instead of releasing this piece of crap that crashes constantly and doesn't do what they claim it can.  And on top of all that there is literally no documentation or tutorials on the advertised CC3 to Unity workflow... probably because that feature doesn't really exist and they know it.  They just want us all to be beta testers and help them fix their software! Ugh!! What a huge disappointment!
Edited
Last Year by joseph.dalessandro
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

I feel you.

But what exactly is the issue in your case. It really is possible to make this work.
joseph.dalessandro
joseph.dalessandro
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)Junior Member (222 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have two main issues with CC3 at the moment that are preventing me from using it.  

1)  The teeth of the character do not move (the jaw remains shut) when using the facial blendshapes that open the mouth.  I use a Unity Plug called "Lip Sync Pro" that makes uses of the characters facial blendshapes for lipsync, emotions and gestures.  If the teeth / jaw doesn't move when the character's mouth is open then it doesn't work.
2) There are no phoneme blendshapes on CC3 characters exported as FBX?  I don't see how anyone using any other piece of software is going to do any type of lip sync work without them.  They are required for lipsync unless you just animate the jaw open and close... which is a lame excuse and produces amateur results at best.  Reallusion is actually advertising and marketing and promoting a true ability to do real Lipsync for game-ready characters on their product page and in their teaser videos.  It's only possible to do it and with proper phoneme blendshapes or the only other way that I know of to do it is with their Live mocap solution which requires the purchase of another huge program... iClone. Very sneaky!  Advertise that CC3 can do lip sync character animation, but then require iClone in order for it to work?  Makes no sense!
The Simulation Crew
The Simulation Crew
Posted 10 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Months Ago
Thank you so much Kareeem, you set the base for my findings.

As a 3D game and character artist I have tried CC3 from the release on and aimed to find the best possible pipeline for the most optimized result in Unity.
This is my workflow so far: click here for documentation.
Unfortunately these are many manual steps, but you can add or remove to your liking. 

I hope it helps someone!
~Enalya
Edited
10 Months Ago by The Simulation Crew
Kareeem
Kareeem
Posted 10 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Enalya this is amazing work an should be featured by Reallusion!

Although there is a ridiculous amount of klicking involved... Man oh man 

The only thing which would interest me is which shaders you use in unity and if you tried separating the lashes in Maya to combine them with the hair. 
Edited
10 Months Ago by Kareeem

Reading This Topic