So lost. Struggling with basic G3 models

Posted By gkscoot 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gkscoot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Howdy,

I'm hoping someone can advise me on 2 basic issues.
1) I can't afford Photoshop. I have a bunch of other bitmap editors, and the one that seems to actually be able to save as .PSD and keep layers is https://www.photopea.com/ but this is online, so you can't direct CTA3 to use it. Can I do a save as locally and work around that way? Since photopea won't return the file directly back to CTA3, what would be the process?

2) The reason I haven't tested the above is to be honest I am really struggling with the process. I have tried to follow the CTA_G3_WhitePaper_Character_Creation.pdf a bit. Let's just say I think I need a video.  (I did find the video on sprite replacement pretty easy. But I'm looking for the pipeline process videos). So doing a search on Youtube for "crazytalk animator 3 pipeline tutorial" there are 72 videos in one group. I have no idea where to start.
Re allusion does have a ton of videos. I've found 1, "Animate a Character from 6 Body Parts" which looks pretty good, but seems to use the writers own custom project and files.  So, is there videos out there that explains the G3 character PSD Pipeline process with actual sample files that we have access to?  Forgive me for being dense here - there are so many videos out there that I feel overwhelmed trying to find just one I can follow with files provided. Maybe someone has been where I am now and can offer some advise?

Thanks a bunch!

kylelee
This post has been flagged as an answer
kylelee
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, the online PSD editor was supported with CTA3 pipeline version.
But only the Launch External PSD Editor did not work.
If you would like to import PSD, the Photopes is compilable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0dedc37c-b081-48c7-b7ca-f8d9.gif
vepop
vepop
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi gkscoot,
Come join the CTA3 FB GROUP. 
Perhaps the members there can help you with the issue.
Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/crazytalkanimatorusers/

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
6 Years Ago by vepop
gkscoot
gkscoot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Hi Kylelee,

Wow !!!!! Oh man. Thank you SO much. I really appreciate the work you put into your answer. Very clear, and encouraging. You are a good person, I can tell :-)
Thank you again :-)
Edited
6 Years Ago by gkscoot
gkscoot
gkscoot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you vepop, I will definitely check out your FB link.  Thanks for the quick answer!

P.S. Edit: I applied to join - its a closed group. So while I am waiting, if someone just happens to have a link to a video that makes sample files available to follow along with the PSD Pipeline process for G3 characters, please post it. Thanks!
Edited
6 Years Ago by gkscoot

Reading This Topic