Is Anyone still using iClone6?

Posted By KenCoon 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I was just wondering if anyone is still using iCone6 or has everyone gone to iClone7?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I think I know at least one person who is still using iC5. Crying   His system could not handle the increased demands of iC6, and he rejected t the new UI.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The main reason I am asking is I have iClone6 and I upgraded to iClone7 but it doesn't upgrade what I had. I now seem to need to upgrade everything else that came with my iClone6 in order to use some of the items and props that I used with iClone6.
 Almost seems like a slow money drain to upgrade or else it becomes too expensive for someone on a pension.
Ken

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
There is no requirement to upgrade any content that worked in iClone 6, or even 5, for iClone 7. I have iClone 5, 6 and 7 installed any can use all of the content in iClone 7. There are some information/warning messages that appear when opening older Projects in iClone 7. Just about all of these messages have to do with improvements in Material handling and Lighting, and can be ignored.

Materials can be directly converted from iClone 6/5 "Traditional" to iClone 7 PBR with a mouse click in most instances. Lighting is a bit different, and if you have created a very complex Project in iClone 6 with some effects than these may need to be readjusted for full use in iClone 7.

There is no requirement to purchase any content updates to get stuff working in iClone 7. As I posted in one of your other threads, I can use stuff from iClone 3, 4, 5, and 6 in iClone 7 with no issues.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Ken,
everything that worked in IClone 5 and IClone 6 (no matter if Props, Accessoirs or Avataer) works in IClone 7 too (except physical - you have to switch the project to bullet physics - there are RL TUTs)
If some bought IC parts exceptionally under IC 7 do not work that way
As under IC 7, you can download and install it again for free from your user account. Sometimes there are new versions.
You do not have to buy anything new. I still use parts that are  from IC 3 or IC 4 .- These things are functional in IC 7.
Upgrades or new purchases are a exception- I never had)

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
Edit:
Hi Gerry,
This time you were faster Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Edited
6 Years Ago by Postfrosch
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
KenCoon (9/7/2018)
I was just wondering if anyone is still using iCone6 or has everyone gone to iClone7?

to answer your question. I am still using iclone 6. depending on my mood, or scene.. I will use IC5 for certain things, and IC6 for others. and yes, I have
iclone 7. you may asking why? well, I don't like to waste money. and it would be wasting money if I don't use 5 & 6 on occasion.

vidius
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi
I am still using Iclone pro pipeline 6.5 with no immediate plans to upgrade.
 The reason being is that I dont actually need any of the new features of 7+ because I dont render final output from Iclone ....and never will.
Thus I dont need popcorn FX .speedtrees etc etc.
I only use Iclone to create major human IK body motions & mixed movesand retarget the motion in 3DXchange to Daz genesis rigs and export the BVH back to DAZ studio for final tweaks with graphMate,and 
lipsinc with mimic pro 
Final costuming& hair in DAZ and then export to Maxon Cinema4D  studio for lighting & rendering as animated MDD meshes with full retention of my Daz joint control morphs baked into the PLA animated meshes.

I dont need/use content from the Reallusion market place and mosty model my own  custom sci fi clothing for Daz genesis Actors and will soon be creating my own sci -fi environmental set pieces "inspired" by the HALO & Mass effect video game Genre/lore.

Additionally I see little use for the New Character creator 3, in my 
current pipeline, despite its impressive feature set.
The reason being is that it duplicates functions that already exist in my current pipeline.

I dont use  the "Hivewire" figures or the OLD millenium 4 era figures and dont need to pay RL for IRay when I have a free one in 
Daz studio and a much faster more complete PBR in Blender cycles as an option for  high quality stills.

And for Daz genesis(1,2,3) I already Model, import and Autorig My own custom  modeled clothing with the Daz transfer utility with three mouse clicks.

And although I am not a game developer, I have the "decimator" plugin for Daz studio to create low poly versions of my Genesis 
figures for easily populating my C4D scenes with background 
crowds.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by AutoDidact
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I still have IC6 on my system, as I have IC5, but for the most part I have completely migrated to IC7.

Older projects I worked on are in IC6 (or even 5) format, so I will still be able to open them, although on the whole I have had little issue with opening those in IC7.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic