Profile Picture

Character Creator 3 Pipeline - What does it do?

Posted By Dragonskunk 6 Years Ago
Rated 4.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I can't seem to get an understanding of this software as I continuously get conflicting responses.
I never used CC other than once when it was first created seem limited to morphing only realistic looking humans so I wasn't interested.
I want to determine if I can use CC3P.
To determine that I need to know a few things.
Tell me if I got this right or wrong.

It not limited to just generate realistic-looking human characters with stylization options.
I have to start all projects with using a CC human or a DAZ character.
I can change finger quantity.
There are controls that I can change the size and separation of eyeballs and eye slit to cartoon proportions.
I can use anime hair, a mesh shape, instead of strands.
I can change the teeth to be more fanged or wider or a longer jaw like a wolf's size jaw.
I can add props that are spring bone articulated?
I can use GoZ to add tails wings bunny ears and bones can be added to control their motion.
I can use GoZ to sculpt a human head into some other creature.
And when done it will have all of iClone 7 character features.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
feelingood
feelingood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
With all this Hype about CC3 I couldn't agree more about these confusion messages. If one owns 3DXchange Pipeline and gets upgraded to CC3 standard, how does it compare to CC3 Pipeline? Or by getting CC3 Pipeline, does 3DXchange Pipeline as 32bit program become obsolete? It would be great if some would explain this in plain English. What is the difference and make comparison instead of glossy videos. Comparing CC2, CC3 standard and CC3 Pipeline is not enough if there is not 3DXchange Pipeline as well.
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Oh no. CC2 in particular but even CC1 is capable of more than realistic human characters.

Here is my first attempt at creating a partial non human and at some stage I will be working on other non human characters, although they do need to follow the human layout to some degree.

I want to experiment with getting even further away from human shapes. Havent actually done it yet so cant say how possible it is but my crazy brain convinces me it is LOL.
And here a few more that convinces me even more for the creation of the non realistic human capabilities in CC.
Actually Dicho and Tokomotion have done quite a few great looking non realistic human characters with CC.
Need to use a 3rD party modelling tools to clean them up after getting them close to the characters style in CC with the morphs
So I, for one, am looking forward to the GOZ capability in CC3. Cant say whether it will be good until I actually get access to it though.
Anything I say is just guessing. Based on my first attempt and what I have seen done by others but still a guess

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

It's very creative but I just want factual truth about my statements.
I just want someone to say no this can't happen ever never or it can do all that and more.
Because the one common feature of all these models, the shark, the mice, the cheetah, they all have human eyes identically spaced.
It doesn't confirm what I believe it can do but instead shows that it doesn't appear to be so.

If I wanted to make a Disney character or Anime character anything CC is worthless for making anything close to that because of the eye size limitation.

The all important eye size is critical for appealing characters:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bfa1779a-5cca-4e4d-97da-180e.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There are no size limitations actually. Not sure if you are aware, but you can always enter the morph slider values manually to exaggerate things.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have the Essentials add-on pack for CC2. There seemsto be lots of morph options for adjusting eyes.
Just a few seconds of "playing with the sliders" and I could turn the default female eyes to something more stylized.
Perhaps you would find this pack helpful to your aims Dragonskunk ?
Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/82414b34-b7b9-46f7-b3b4-b7b8.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 40 minutes ago
CC2:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/40936423-8280-4eff-a62f-7774.png

But as soon CC3 arrives, you can get Stuff from DAZ, 3D Universe has Characters in your kinda style:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcde4472-0b31-4a02-88e8-af70.png

https://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
feelingood (8/9/2018)
With all this Hype about CC3 I couldn't agree more about these confusion messages. If one owns 3DXchange Pipeline and gets upgraded to CC3 standard, how does it compare to CC3 Pipeline? Or by getting CC3 Pipeline, does 3DXchange Pipeline as 32bit program become obsolete? It would be great if some would explain this in plain English. What is the difference and make comparison instead of glossy videos. Comparing CC2, CC3 standard and CC3 Pipeline is not enough if there is not 3DXchange Pipeline as well.

The comparison chart is below. This shows you the differences between CC versions. 

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison

Note: The Transformer feature which automatically converts Daz Genesis characters to be CC compatible is only available in Character Creator 3 Pipeline.

You will still need 3DXchange for importing 3rd party props and other scenery items for iClone, non-standard characters from sources other than Daz or Hivewire, plus non-human type characters such as dogs, cats, horses etc. So to clarify 3DXchange will not become obsolete with the release of Character Creator 3 Pipeline. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Dragonskunk (8/8/2018)
I can't seem to get an understanding of this software as I continuously get conflicting responses.
I never used CC other than once when it was first created seem limited to morphing only realistic looking humans so I wasn't interested.
I want to determine if I can use CC3P.
To determine that I need to know a few things.
Tell me if I got this right or wrong.

It not limited to just generate realistic-looking human characters with stylization options.
I have to start all projects with using a CC human or a DAZ character.
I can change finger quantity.
There are controls that I can change the size and separation of eyeballs and eye slit to cartoon proportions.
I can use anime hair, a mesh shape, instead of strands.
I can change the teeth to be more fanged or wider or a longer jaw like a wolf's size jaw.
I can add props that are spring bone articulated?
I can use GoZ to add tails wings bunny ears and bones can be added to control their motion.
I can use GoZ to sculpt a human head into some other creature.
And when done it will have all of iClone 7 character features.

Hi Dragonskunk,

As I explained to you in a previous post, Character Creator 3 is designed for bipedal characters. These don't have to be human but can be stylized, anime or even two legged animals such as apes using our new "transformer" feature which allows import from Daz3D and Hivewire. Exaggerated features such as big eyes, elf ears etc. are all possible and with the new import features you have countless options for different characters types. You can also import props and convert them to accessories for your characters.

However much of what you describe will still require 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline.  3DXchange remains the conversion tool to use for non-human type characters such as four legged animals, mechanical robots and other characters that don't have, or can't be converted, to use a CC standard bone structure.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Dragonskunk,

As I explained to you in a previous post, Character Creator 3 is designed for bipedal characters. These don't have to be human but can be stylized, anime or even two legged animals such as apes using our new "transformer" feature which allows import from Daz3D and Hivewire. Exaggerated features such as big eyes, elf ears etc. are all possible and with the new import features you have countless options for different characters types. You can also import props and convert them to accessories for your characters.

However much of what you describe will still require 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline.  3DXchange remains the conversion tool to use for non-human type characters such as four legged animals, mechanical robots and other characters that don't have, or can't be converted, to use a CC standard bone structure.

Who wouldn't want to save time creating full featured for iClone characters by tweaking and drag and drop VS conforming and being limited with import to 3DX from other software.
But when you don't see anything similar to what you are creating coming from software that helps you create, I get concerned.
And yeah! I will have many specific question before I invest in purchasing software. There is always a concern with click of a button creativity and it is always its limitation to creativity.

And now, I learned about Hivewire, what compatibility do the characters need to have from there?

Reading This Topic