How do I resize a character in IClone?

Posted By Data Juggler 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
This is going to sound like what my ex wife used to complain about, but it's too small!

I created a character in Character Creator, and when I exported him into my scene, he is about the size of a doll compared to a human.

The desk he is supposed to stand behind is twice as tall as my character.

Why is the Scale feature missing?

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Maybe its not the character that is too small.
Maybe it is the plane that you put the image on that is too big?

Anyway, You can scale the character in CC with the morphs How big you will be able to scale him is a question? I have made them fairly big and fairly small but I have never needed to scale them that big.
Try reducing the size of the plane to fit the character rather than the character to fit the plane

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

It's not just the character, it's the whole scene I have to resize.

How do I scale it in IClone in case that works, that seems faster than redoing the entire scene.

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
DJ,

Seems like you have quite the sense of humor. Hopefully you can make some vids showing it off! It’s weird for CC figured in iclone, but it is still there and actually quite better than the scale function for other figures. Kinda hard to see but if you go to th avatar page in the action for foot/hand contact, next to auto link is the body scale function. You can make the characters huuuuuuuge if you want. If your case I’d scale the character and leave the set alone (less work). Did you import the set via 3D exchange? If so there is a button to display a sample figure for scale. Be sure to scale your set to suit by using the yellow figure it helps! Best of luck.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

You shouldn't need to rebuild the whole scene.
This is what I would do. Might have explained it to detailed for you but thought it may help other people too

This scene is too small for the character so I attached all the props together
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a290a2d5-a85e-499a-8aec-6621.png

Now I can select the one all the contents are attached to and scaling it will scale all of them and keep them all positioned correctly
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4067271b-f6a9-45b7-8504-6909.png

If you really want to scale the character then end him back to CC and leave him selected in iClone.
That way you can scale him in CC and send him back to iClone and because the original is still selected in CC he will get replaced by the rescaled one. Also any animations you had on the original character will still be there on the rescaled character.

However, that means to me that every character you add to the scene will now need to be scaled. Better off making the scene scaled to the default characters I think. But that's just my opinion

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm checking Kungphu post because if that's possible then I have learnt something

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yep, finally found it but took a bit of searching to find what you said in the characters modify panel right at the top. 
Never noticed that till you mentioned it.

Now I don't understand why reallusion just didn't allow the scale button to be enabled. 
I guess its so we can only scale the character completely so they can't be scaled in width  or height only?

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for all your replies. I had to finish another project for my programming hobby as I spent all last weekend on IClone.

I already resized my scene, but I will try KungPhu's suggestion so I know. His video is amazing, by the way. YouTube is so bad at recommending good content, that video should have way more views. Kind of discouraging to see better than I hope to achieve not get a lot of views.

[Being Self Plug]
I am not sure if animators will find this useful or not, but I am releasing a program to the Windows Store in the upcoming weeks. This program is called Transparency Maker,
if you ever need to make a background transparent or do some updates in a way that most graphics programs can not do, I would like some opinions on this if you think it seems useful to you.
I am looking for a few beta testers, or even just people to say 'That looks stupid' so I can move on to something else. Thanks
https://youtu.be/DYoLx7DYVu0 
[End Self Plug]

PixelDatabase.Net

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yeah it's cray weird how the scaling tool is hidden.  Forgot who helped me out with that.  I didn't find it on my own! It was someone here on the forum that pointed me in the right direction. Many thanks for the compliment DJ! Honestly I'm still a newbie at iclone. I'm learning things everyday!  Just force yourself to do a project and you'll learn all sorts of stuff when you hit a road block and wonder hmmmm how do I??? And this forum is full of helpful people that will point ya in the right direction.  Best of luck and be sure to pblish your vid, we all love to see what people are doing!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kungphu, do you do your own voices?

That is the hardest part to me (not sounding like squeak squeak). I know a narrator I can pay, but I am surprised how poor quality text to speech narration software is in 2018 for sounding realistic. I have found a few female voices that sound ok for some text, but male voices come out sounding like the Anonymous voice or a robot.

This is why I am 100% against self driving cars until narration is indistinguishable from a human..

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic