Profile Picture

Uninstalling Iclone 6.5 after Installing Iclone 7.2 -- "is it safe?" Advice need

Posted By bexley 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Uninstalling Iclone 6.5 after Installing Iclone 7.2 -- "is it safe?"...

Author
bexley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I just upgraded to 7.2 (and 3DXchange 7) etc.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Both 6.5 and 7.2 are on my C Drive (SSD) as are all my programs.  The directories for content are all on D (regular drive). When I installed 7.2 I pointed it to the D Drive directory and it seems to be fine.

So to get back some space I want to uninstall 6.5 and 3DXchange 6.    Can I do this safely?  Or will the uninstall take my D drive files with it?

Any advice appreciated.

TIA

--Bex.

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
bexley (7/2/2018)
I just upgraded to 7.2 (and 3DXchange 7) etc.  Everything seems to be working fine.  Both 6.5 and 7.2 are on my C Drive (SSD) as are all my programs.  The directories for content are all on D (regular drive). When I installed 7.2 I pointed it to the D Drive directory and it seems to be fine.

So to get back some space I want to uninstall 6.5 and 3DXchange 6.    Can I do this safely?  Or will the uninstall take my D drive files with it?

Any advice appreciated.

TIA

--Bex.

Depends just on how your content folders are listed.

Uninstalling any version of iClone will normally also remove any and all Default content, as well as any assets installed from the Resource Pack, for that version. It will not remove any purchased items, or anything in your Custom content folders.

Before uninstalling 6.5 take a look at the content folders on your D drive, you should have both a "Template" and "Custom" folder for both versions as well as a "Shared Template" folder. As long as these folders are prefixed with iClone 6 Template and iClone 7 Template also iClone 6 Custom and iClone 7 Custom then you can remove iClone 6.5 without any problems.

You will need to move/copy your iClone 6 Custom folder contents and any purchased assets over to the iClone 7 folders to be able to use them directly in 7

3DXchange 6.5 can be removed without any issues as it doesn't install any separate content in the same way as iClone.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

bexley
bexley
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you!  That's exactly the type of info I needed!

--Bex.
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Happy to help.  Many users don't take the time to post if information provided was of any use, so a "Thank you" to you from me. SmileCool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic