Profile Picture

CTA3 crashing when rendering video. (Works in 32-bit mode)

Posted By RikiFou 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CTA3 crashing when rendering video. (Works in 32-bit mode)

Author
RikiFou
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
My CrazyTalk suddenly stopped rendering video. This was with the previous build. Suspecting a corrupted file, I tried several different projects... no success. I then saw 3.3.3007.1 is available. I've now installed it and it still crashes immediately exporting MP4. I tried again with AVI, chose uncompressed, and it made it to frame 2 before crashing. This version displayed an error message the previous did not:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce0c11bd-12a6-4bc2-b195-5bb4.png
The instruction and memory location appear to be different each time. When I came here to ask for help I discovered the pinned message about Windows crashes. I launched the 32-bit version from the bin folder. The AVI then worked (4G for 00:23!). I had to re-activate MP4 codec, but it then rendered completely.
So I found a workaround to my immediate problem, but I don't think it's a solution. (I do plan on running FFMPEG on that 4G AVI to what kind of quality variations I can get!)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Have you tried uninstalling CTA3 completely and then re-install the latest full version again? 

You can download the latest full version from the Reallusion Hub or your Member Account > Registration page.

It would also be wise to run Windows Update to make sure your system is updated and also update your graphics drivers in case that it the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic