Blender Eevee render test

Posted By yoyomaster 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Now that Blender 2.8 supports armature, we can render character animation in Eevee, here I rendered 1800 frames with SSS, it needs tons of tweaking, especially the cornea, and transparency doesn't work the way it does with Cycles, but it is promising, especially when considering that Blender 2.8 is not even in Beta yet!

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Cool test YoYoMaster.  I think it will be cool to see what Blender Evee is capable of. 
I find that look on par with Unreal and Unity.  You have to mess with the materials in those as well, almost to the point where it's quite laborious.
Much quicker getting things done in iClone.  But is it just my imagination, or iClone doesn't render that 'sharp', right?
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am patiently waiting for this to be "done" been waiting for a loong time since it will enable me to keep most of my work in blender instead of shuffling it back and forth.   Plus there are some internal rigging solutions in blender that give some really nice results.      *waits* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

TonyDPrime (6/4/2018)
Cool test YoYoMaster.  I think it will be cool to see what Blender Evee is capable of. 
I find that look on par with Unreal and Unity.  You have to mess with the materials in those as well, almost to the point where it's quite laborious.
Much quicker getting things done in iClone.  But is it just my imagination, or iClone doesn't render that 'sharp', right?

Not to me at least, as for the materials, Eevee uses the Principled shader, same as the Disney shader, very simple to use either by using nodes(top), or the shader editor(right), that scene only has a HDR for lightning, I was a bit lazy setting it up! Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/193fc68d-3d25-4d48-ad98-5566.jpg
Edited
6 Years Ago by yoyomaster
benhairston
benhairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Hey Yoyomaster,

Was this an FBX import or an Alembic file? Been trying to import stuff for about a week with no luck. 

Your render looks great. Evee is pretty promising.

Intel Core i7-13700F - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI. Iclone 8, Character Creator 4, Blender, Davinci Resolve studio, Fusion studio

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

FBX, right out of the latest iClone with default settings in Blender FBX import, I imported in 2.79b, then opened the file in latest 2.8.
I am tweaking it a bit as we speak, will post the new render when done, looks a lot better so far!!
benhairston
benhairston
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Ahh. That's probably where I went wrong. I was trying to do everything in 2.8. I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Intel Core i7-13700F - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI. Iclone 8, Character Creator 4, Blender, Davinci Resolve studio, Fusion studio

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Blender 2.8 is not even in beta yet, many of the tools are still not working, FBX import is one of them!
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
yoyomaster (6/4/2018)
TonyDPrime (6/4/2018)

Not to me at least, as for the materials, Eevee uses the Principled shader, same as the Disney shader, very simple to use either by using nodes(top), or the shader editor(right), that scene only has a HDR for lightning, I was a bit lazy setting it up! Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/193fc68d-3d25-4d48-ad98-5566.jpg

Problem is node system doesn't work like cycles. The same project in cycles doesn't render well in Eevee without fixing the materials and textures. 

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

yoyomaster
yoyomaster
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Famekrafts (6/4/2018)
Problem is node system doesn't work like cycles. The same project in cycles doesn't render well in Eevee without fixing the materials and textures. 

I setup this file in Cycles, then opened it in Eevee, if you use the Principled shader, you are basically there, just a few things that are different, like in Eevee you get several modes for transparency, but the scene will render without having to change anything!

Reading This Topic