Posted By Mythcons 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Manipulating bones in pose-mode (Blender) to create CC morphs

Author
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hello,

I recall that you can export an FBX from Character Creator, import into Blender, manipulate/scale the bones with the pose tools, then import the character back into Character Creator with the bone alignment and scale appropriately saved. I used to be able to do this, but the information has fled my brain, and I cannot find the procedure to replicate it. Could someone direct me to the appropriate information or explain the process again? Thanks.
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I've got a refresher for you! Smile

Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Hey Rampa,

Thanks for the refresher. I believe you may have introduced me to this concept originally, and thank you for doing so. However, Blender is not cooperating with me on one of your steps. I cannot apply the Armature after copying it, since the mesh has shape keys. There is a way around it, using the 'Apply as Shape Key' function. Also, I cannot get the eyes or teeth of a morph to remain 'enlarged' once the character is baked as a morph (they always revert to their base shape scale), and then the morph is applied on a new character. I don't recall this being a problem previously, but I could be mistaken. Thank you for the link to your video, it is very helpful.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Just delete all the shape keys from the mesh body (I actually have both the female and male default meshes with all the shape keys deleted for this very purpose, namely to apply the armature modifier).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ahh, that simplifies things. It may have been included in Rampa's video, but YouTube was stuttering tonight. Awesome, thanks guys.

Reading This Topic