Collision Avoidance for Particles!

Posted By jasonjbrown 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Sifr
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
Guys if Peter says it's been passed to the team then that means it's a good chance it will be implemented, also keep in mind that iClone 5 is about a good 4+ months away from official release, that's enough time to add almost anything into the new iteration...... heck they had the Kinect implementation up and running only a few days after the release of the SDK.

At this point anything is possible, besides there's still micro-upgrades to look forward to, for instance, spring effect, a major feature set, came as a micro upgrade.w00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
sw00000p (7/19/2011)
There was a post about iClone5 being released around Siggraph...
Are we now being told Christmas?

BTW... The severe Lag that Kinect produces.... Drive me nusts.
I'd rather purchase High-Quality!

sw00000p

Due to the way the money system is designed and the economic recession that we're supposedly going through today there no reason to release iClone 5 before the next big buying season, it wouldn't be a good marketing strategy to maximize profits(a little bigwig talk), aside from that...

Is your conclusion about the Kinect lag issue from actual use of the product, just curious, it's however safe to say that it isn't from use of the Kinect product in tandem with iClone 5, I'm sure.Satisfied

My hat goes off to the RL team for having the Kinect/iClone setup up and running so soon after the release of the Kinect SDK.  Alot of time and money goes into research and development, there are products that have been in development since way before either you or I were born, some never see the light of day in it's original carnation and even then some never see the light of day at all, at least not for the average joe and computer technology like the Kinect just happens to be one of them. To be able to do what Kinect offers right now about 15 years ago costed millions of dollars, the technology existed but only for those with millons of dollars.

Fast forward 2011 and now because it's cost effectivenss to make a profit from it, the commoners, as they call us, get to purchase and use it.  The technology for high quality animation is there, I'm sure Microsoft isn't betting the farm on technology that is going to fail to give them domanance in the X-BOX entertainment arena.  I figure it's just a matter of the right programing tweeks to get the Kinect to do just about anything with recognition of faces, body recognition, gestures movements ect.

I'm sure the RL team has all of this in the works, so as long as they get it all in there I can look forward to November.Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

brand468
brand468
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (2/2/2010)
Thanks for the feedback. The iClone development team will review your suggestions. Smile

Peter,

Did the development team make any changes related to particles in iClone5? Smile

My computer: Intel i7-7700K 4.2Hhz 64Gb, Windows 10, GeForce GTX 1080 + GeForce GTX 1070, Phillips monitor 40" 4K  3840x2160 + 2x28" 

mjordy
mjordy
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
While this topic refers to particles and collision problems,there are still a few glitches on some Iprops like the I car where the avatar sometimes opens/ closes doors behind the car,sometimes the car moves ahead of the animation sequence. I hope these little,but sometimes annoying quirks can be addressed on any Iclone 5 or future versions.

Iclone 4 and 5 rock!
Pops In Space
Pops In Space
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)New Member (69 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

Reading This Topic