OFFICIAL 3DXchange 7.7 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
OlanderDA (6/20/2019)
Ongoing long term issue in 3DExchange 7.4.2515.1 (any of the 7.4 versions this has been the case)
Windows 10 (latest updates and nVidia Drivers)...iClone 7.41.2551.1 has been very stable and has not had any issues so far (we use it for animations only). Very reluctant to update...likely will not.

Issue 5698  (Posted on February 3, 2019)
modify the animation most time 3DXchange crashed total
Reallusion....
Any update on this at all? This is a really bad bug...and it has been assigned now for some time.When clicking the Modify Button of an animation 3DExchange 7.4 crashes every time. I can usually find work arounds but in this case there is none....except don't click Modify.Please Fix/Solve This! It has been far too long!

Note: 7.4 also fixed the bone transform issues with DAZ Genesis Models (also others too) so we are kind of stuck with it. Also don't see the previous version available using Reallusion Hub and Download Button from account.
There was also a note somewhere that the latest iClone7 needs this version as well.ThanksDon/Olander

UPDATE:

The development team have found the cause of this issue and plan to fix via an update. Unfortunately, I don't have a release date for the update but it is in the works.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ccl_51
ccl_51
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
When I import any DAZ gen3 or 8 character into 3DXchange7 it will load fine and display. When I try to export or click "Apply to iClone" the program is busy for a while and then crashes. There is no error message, it just disappears.
GPU is RTX2080 with latest driver 26.21.14.3086
DAZ 4.11.0.383 Pro 64-bit
3DXchange 7.4.2515.1

I tried unmorphed default figures, with and without animations and using various FBX versions. I have tried to follow the online manual to the letter, but 3DXchange crashes each time.
I posted this in another forum (by mistake. Sorry) Now here in the issues thread.
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Here are some blocker Bugs with 3DXchange 7.61 I reported to the Support line. These really need to be fixed.

1) I export the CC3.21 CC3_OneUV_4K_Female as FBX. Then I Import it back using 3dxXhange 7.61. In 3dXchange, I save the 3dxFaceAnimProfile. Then when I try to import back the 3dxFaceAnimProfile into 3dXchange, the import fails. All facial morphs are there and work successfully in 3dXchange but I am unable to reload the file.

2) Furthermore, currently, I need to re-assign the facial profile every-time I go through 3DXchange 7.61 pipeline which is very time consuming and counter productive.

I hope the previously stated BUG will be fixed and also that the functionality will be improved to support the following very important Usecase:   

a) Export OneUV_4K Base Character from CC in FBX Format   
b) Import in 3dXchange   
c) Save Facial profile   
d) Import same FBX in 3DS Max   
e) Edit Mesh only in Max (change mesh topology and re-skin but also update all Facial Morphs so that they work on new mesh but keep the same name for each facial morphs)   
f) Export back into FBX   
g) Import in 3dXchange   
h) Apply saved Facial profile from previous Mesh (new mesh has different topology but has all the same updated facial Morphs for face).

Currently, I have to redefine them all which is a pain, and even that does not work !!! -> 3dxchange 7.61 reject the import even if all facial morphs are present. This is a pain point when I do re-purposing forcing me to always redefine the facial morphs in numerous scenarios. 

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by Bigboss
doubblesixx
doubblesixx
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)Veteran Member (577 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mixamo 2020 skeleton and animations into 3DXchange Pipeline 7.61.3619.1
The skeleton has several problems with rotated bones, it looks like Mixamo uses FBX 2019 that may be the cause of this but i can't find how to fix kneepoles, nor the twisted lower arms or hips. Some older Mixamo skeletons and animations import OK but it's a mess to try and match those with some skeletons as it gives an error if they don't match on import.. i assume it's the FBX that does this as all skeletons look the same

I have looked through many posts but hasn't found anything to solve it

Exporting a character out from mixamo in T-pose, FBX for UNity or FBX std gives this lovely stretch on import.. 3DXChange shows no errors whatsoever and it tells me it has converted all bones.. still

Selecting the T-pose that was imported with the model.. Arms fly out correctly but knees looks fliped 90 degrees both sides or that the kneepole is flipped

Have tried to convert the bones but all bones are filled correctly as 3DXchange didn't find any issues so.. i'm stuck

Regards

This is a silent signature

Edited
4 Years Ago by doubblesixx
jbellis
jbellis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So I'm starting with 3DXchange. I have a character from mixamo, I've followed the instructions on how to download it in a tpose (which I've done with other characters) this one gets all jacked up, arms and legs wonky when I import it into 3DXchange. Can someone help? It won't let me edit the bone structure win I convert to non-standard.
jbellis
jbellis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm having the same issue, please post if you ever get an answer.
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
On my laptop, 3DX7 Pipeline seems to have a problem with the new Genesis 8.1 Female as it will not import the FBX at all, it was just crashing without creating a crash dump.  I haven't tried this on the desktop computer.

All drivers up to date, just installed the newest NVIDIA driver this morning.

So I uninstalled 3DX using the HUB, restarted the computer with chkdsk enabled, reinstalled it using the HUB and tried to import the fbx again and it still crashed.  I tried two more times and got the same result.  I have no idea if this a DAZ FBX export issue or not, most likely is.

So to be sure it was the Genesis 8.1 Female that was causing the crash I successfully imported Genesis 3 Females, OBJ files, and other fbx files without a problem, but now it won't import any Genesis 8 characters at all, it just crashes.  However it did create crash dumps this time!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44f9df3b-11b6-40f5-a59b-e85d.png

I submitted a support ticket but was wondering if anyone else is having issues importing the new Genesis 8.1 characters into 3DXchange Pipeline.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There were reports of incompatibility of Genesis 8.1 with CC Transformer, so apparently something has changed. Genesis 8 should work though. 

I also notice from your screenshot that there are more than 580K faces, so that may just be too much for 3DXchange. How large is the FBX file?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I can't help feeling that DAZ are trying to make importing their characters in to RL products as difficult, if not impossible, as they can. ErmmWhistling

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
There seem to be problems using the EXPORT TO OBJ function with a lot of content. So far I have noticed three kinds of issues which affect a large portion of content (at least from the spot check of content that I tried to export):

1. Parts of the exported content has missing meshes

2. The exported textures/materials are wrong

3. The exported files is a corrupt file

https://youtu.be/QmcErogPIJ8

The original thread in which I noted this can be found at: https://forum.reallusion.com/471414/Major-Issues-With-Export-OBJ-Function

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic