Posted By Grace (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[Upcoming] PopcornFX Plugin for iClone v1.1 - More Enhancements

Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
No, no... MKT milestones are always realistic and met... WhistlingWhistlingWhistlingWhistling (LOL)
Anyway, I saw that the 1st Python API I/F will just touch some stuff but not everything: better than nothing and I think it is also wise because they will have to fine tune it and this might mean to be forced to change code already developed with new updates... so, better to keep a low profile at the beginning otherwise instead of animating we will be just do regression tests and changes BigGrinTongue
And afterwards, just the RTS control can be useful: I spend really a lot of time to animate complex scenes and I want to make this short with some clever algo (well... I am not at all an expert of AI... but I am studying it...)

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
OMG....
I just experienced this....more, the lack of it....
You SO need to put the ability to change the PopcornFX textures map images on the fly, like you can with all other materials (ie - Hue, Brightness, Contrast, HUE, Satruration.....HUE.....and...
HUE 

Also, Hue...
This would be Hue-ge

And I know I can export the image out and mod the texture's hue, and bring it back in.  I know that.  
But let's get it in the actual interface!

PLEASE!
(Because it's not planned, right?...)

Then we could ANIMATE the HUE.

Do Hue Know What I am Saying?

Anyway,
Thank Hue very much for the consideration!
Edited
6 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
RobertoColombo (2/14/2018)
../.. Anyway, I saw that the 1st Python API I/F will just touch some stuff but not everything: better than nothing and I think it is also wise because they will have to fine tune it and this might mean to be forced to change code already developed with new updates... so, better to keep a low profile at the beginning otherwise instead of animating we will be just do regression tests and changes BigGrinTongue
And afterwards, just the RTS control can be useful: I spend really a lot of time to animate complex scenes and I want to make this short with some clever algo (well... I am not at all an expert of AI... but I am studying it...)

What puzzles me is iClone, afaik, always had a Lua API since the beginning used for performances, for the light tools (that we can't create/edit/enhance), sky tool, and even for the Physics Toolbox, etc..
Why they never exposed this API to us instead of reinventing the wheel.. What a waste of time really : /

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Edited
6 Years Ago by grabiller
GSSEV3D
GSSEV3D
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I noticed in Iclone that even with all popcornfx forces and emitter settings to 0 when moving an emitter with 3d object particles, the 3d object particles still have some physics momentum.
I am wanting the particle objects that are emitted  to stay so its like the emitter is "painting 3d objects that stay where the appear.
What I want to know is will the update choice of no physics stop this non controllable behaviour.

Also any chance of a basic popcorn fx editor file that has all the attributes set up for mesh, texture, texture colour emitters etc to help up with creating our own FX.

The plugin gives Iclone a great expansion for adding a lot of effects and visuals that were impossible before.
Cheers
Graeme
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Has PopcornFX for iClone been abandoned? I saw that 1.1 was in the 2018 iClone roadmap, but looks like it never materialized. And there's no mention of it in the 2019 roadmap. I was thinking of buying the plugin, but don't want to spend money on something that's no longer being developed.
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Could we please get an update on this? Any communication at all...?
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
@Hookflash

In the last Popcornfx webinar I asked in the chatroom if there will be an update and Reallusion answered no for this year but suggest me
to make a wishlist in the feedback tracker. My only need is variable velocity thrue life and a 64 Atlas Billboard instead of 32.
With this 2 features added to the suppertools pack we can build current and convincing particles .
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Variable-velocity-thrue-life

But in the 2019 roadmap it is suppose to be a Python APIs such as particles control scheduled for the 2nd quarter.
https://forum.reallusion.com/403268/iClone-7-2019-Roadmap

BCEmcke
BCEmcke
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
PopcornFX seems more and more likely to become part of my software library.
joel.lovell
joel.lovell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
When will this work with iRay?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
joel.lovell (8/25/2019)
When will this work with iRay?

Unfortunately PopcornFX isn't compatible with Iray Rendering. Future versions may enable this but this has not yet been confirmed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic