[Upcoming] PopcornFX Plugin for iClone v1.1 - More Enhancements

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic356769.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Grace (RL) - 6 Years Ago
PopcornFX Plugin for iClone v1.1 - More Enhancements

In PopcornFX plugin v1.1, there will be several new features added to provide you with better particle control and creation, which will be released by late Q2.
Note: the following user interfaces are in production form and will be optimized for the final release.
1. Custom Physics States

The physics property for PopcornFX content can be toggled for
 None, One Way, or Two Way interaction, which is already available in the PopcornFX Editor.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b0f9f5e5-fedc-4913-855e-7463.png

2. Sprite Switch with or without Blend

One can now decide whether or not the blend the sprite animation as they appear and disappear.

Note: this option (checkbox) is only available for content that carry PKAT data.

In the following examples, the PopcornFX Library 40 and Super Tools Texture Emitter both carry PKAT data, therefore, the 
Soft Animation Blending checkbox is available.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a9118de-2b2f-4c6c-878b-9ad4.png

3. Particle 3D Sound 

The new
 Sound section in PopcornFX Modify panel can be used to switch out audio files and adjust the volume of every Event and Action sound.
3D sound is also supported whereas the volume of the sound source will fade in and out according to its distance from the camera.
3D sound will also recognize lateral positioning by emphasizing the right or left side speakers.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/515dec4a-e82c-49d1-ab69-c3f7.png

4. Path Emitter

The new Path Emitter Sampler for version 7.3 can be used as a guided trajectory for the emitted particles.
As the path is edited and updated so will the route for the particles.
The path data can also be saved and included with the particle effect -embodied in the (*.iPkfx) format.

There are three ways to generate a path:
  1. The (*.pkfx) file can carry its own path data which will also show up in iClone's viewport.
  2. Object's animation path can be picked, be it prop, accessory, character, point light or spot light.
  3. iClone's Create Path tool.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/66b92642-2374-49a5-83d8-77b8.png

5. Curve Attribute

The new Emitter Curve parameter will mimic Curve Sampler editing in PopcornFX Editor -allowing the user to directly adjust the curve shape inside iClone. 
This has big implication for ease of use.
  • Horizontal axis (distribution range): Color from white to black.
  • Vertical axis (intensity value): controls brightness.
  • Aforementioned settings are unique to this example.

Note: Curve parameter is only accessible for content with Curve Sampler attribute.

6. PopcornFX Material Type Switch

Material type switching -an original feature of PopcornFX Editor.
The PopcornFX Material Type can now be set, providing more rendering flexibility.
There is no longer a need to edit the source (*.pkfx) file in PopcornFX Editor to change this attribute.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f47cf769-ff45-4acd-af2b-2c6e.png

By Rogue Anime - 6 Years Ago
@Grace - Thanks for this - looks like the cork finally *POPPED* on those posts of yours we were trying to open over the weekend!  ~V~
By mtakerkart - 6 Years Ago
YES!!!! Thank you a lot GRACE !!
By wires - 6 Years Ago
Amazing set of additions and improvements to look forward to. CoolSmoooothSmile
By brand468 - 6 Years Ago
Wow, many improvements that will make PopcornFX even better, thank you GRACE TongueBigGrinSmile

By RobertoColombo - 6 Years Ago
Great news, but what I mostly like is that Grace mentioned about the upcoming 7.3 version, which obviously refers to iClone Smile
I hope the API I/F will see the light with this new update 
By Jfrog - 6 Years Ago
That's a whole bunch of improvements for an already great plugin!

Thank you for the new features explanations and videos Grace.
By wires - 6 Years Ago
RobertoColombo (2/13/2018)
Great news, but what I mostly like is that Grace mentioned about the upcoming 7.3 version, which obviously refers to iClone Smile
I hope the API I/F will see the light with this new update 

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that. The new plugin features require an updated iClone for them to work, throw in a few Bug fixes and then you have your point update. WinkWhistling
By Kelleytoons - 6 Years Ago
I'm afraid Gerry is correct.  I'm feeling more and more like I won't live long enough to see Python scripting in iClone (and I mean that seriously).
Gerry, Mike,

I sincerely hope that what you wrote will turn out to be wrong, especially the post from Mike Wink Crying

Roberto
Me too!!  (LOL).
By hj - 6 Years Ago
may it is possible to get for german user a charachter-table with funktional Üü Öö Ää ß

best
hh
Kelleytoons (2/14/2018)
Me too!!  (LOL).

Just hang in there till Q3, Mike... look here: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c5b19d24-f577-45cb-9141-b12d.jpg
IC7.3 with Python API!!! Super!!!! Smilew00t

LOL -- I commented elsewhere on this, Bob.  Yes, I *might* make it (but let's be honest -- it will NOT be third quarter.  We'll be lucky if we see this stuff this year.  I'm predicting early next year but even THAT might be optimistic.  Remember, those charts are made up by marketing folks, NOT the programming staff).
No, no... MKT milestones are always realistic and met... WhistlingWhistlingWhistlingWhistling (LOL)
Anyway, I saw that the 1st Python API I/F will just touch some stuff but not everything: better than nothing and I think it is also wise because they will have to fine tune it and this might mean to be forced to change code already developed with new updates... so, better to keep a low profile at the beginning otherwise instead of animating we will be just do regression tests and changes BigGrinTongue
And afterwards, just the RTS control can be useful: I spend really a lot of time to animate complex scenes and I want to make this short with some clever algo (well... I am not at all an expert of AI... but I am studying it...)
By TonyDPrime - 6 Years Ago
OMG....
I just experienced this....more, the lack of it....
You SO need to put the ability to change the PopcornFX textures map images on the fly, like you can with all other materials (ie - Hue, Brightness, Contrast, HUE, Satruration.....HUE.....and...
HUE 

Also, Hue...
This would be Hue-ge

And I know I can export the image out and mod the texture's hue, and bring it back in.  I know that.  
But let's get it in the actual interface!

PLEASE!
(Because it's not planned, right?...)

Then we could ANIMATE the HUE.

Do Hue Know What I am Saying?

Anyway,
Thank Hue very much for the consideration!
By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS - 6 Years Ago
RobertoColombo (2/14/2018)
../.. Anyway, I saw that the 1st Python API I/F will just touch some stuff but not everything: better than nothing and I think it is also wise because they will have to fine tune it and this might mean to be forced to change code already developed with new updates... so, better to keep a low profile at the beginning otherwise instead of animating we will be just do regression tests and changes BigGrinTongue
And afterwards, just the RTS control can be useful: I spend really a lot of time to animate complex scenes and I want to make this short with some clever algo (well... I am not at all an expert of AI... but I am studying it...)

What puzzles me is iClone, afaik, always had a Lua API since the beginning used for performances, for the light tools (that we can't create/edit/enhance), sky tool, and even for the Physics Toolbox, etc..
Why they never exposed this API to us instead of reinventing the wheel.. What a waste of time really : /
By GSSEV3D - 6 Years Ago
Hi, I noticed in Iclone that even with all popcornfx forces and emitter settings to 0 when moving an emitter with 3d object particles, the 3d object particles still have some physics momentum.
I am wanting the particle objects that are emitted  to stay so its like the emitter is "painting 3d objects that stay where the appear.
What I want to know is will the update choice of no physics stop this non controllable behaviour.

Also any chance of a basic popcorn fx editor file that has all the attributes set up for mesh, texture, texture colour emitters etc to help up with creating our own FX.

The plugin gives Iclone a great expansion for adding a lot of effects and visuals that were impossible before.
Cheers
Graeme
By Hookflash - 5 Years Ago
Has PopcornFX for iClone been abandoned? I saw that 1.1 was in the 2018 iClone roadmap, but looks like it never materialized. And there's no mention of it in the 2019 roadmap. I was thinking of buying the plugin, but don't want to spend money on something that's no longer being developed.